Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Error:PL_timeout

venkatagiri_gongadi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am facing one error in SXMB_MONI.

The scenario is Sync-Async Bridge using BPM,request is successfully processing from XI but response case getting error in SXMB_MONI like pipeline timeout error at call Adapter.can anyone help me in this.

BestRegards

Venkatagiri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatagiri,

this behaviour happens if a BPM process instance is running into an exceptional situation but no branch is catching the exception.

Put all critical steps:  transformation and send steps into a block (or more blocks if this is suitable) and define corresponding exceptions for the block(s). Define one ore more excpetion branchs for the block(s). Refer the exception(s) in the critical steps. React in the exception branch, for example with an alert or giving back an error message to the original sender (to avoid the timeout).

/Udo

Syed1234
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's too late to reply for initiator of this issue, but to be helpful for those who are coming here on the same issue, for me it solved by setting the correct timeout in SMICM for the HTTP service.

Goto transaction SMICM, it will open the ICM monitor. In menu, goto -> services (or press shift+F1).

All the services will be displayed with HTTP also. See the two parameter "Keep Alive" and "Proc Time out". In my case I extended the value from 30 to 300 in Keep alive parameter and the issue got solved as in my BPM failure case the deadline branch was taking atleast 1 minute to execute.

Usually this issues arrives in RFC synchronous scenario (i was using Sync-async bridge)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You could also try the following:

Transaction SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration -> Specific Configuration.

"SA_COMM" -> Parameter CHECK_FOR_ASYNC_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT

Please set this parameter to 500.

Please see the note attached for further details:

#847466 BPE-TS: Synchronous/asynchronous communication

-> Timeout condition:

Regards,

Sarah

venkatagiri_gongadi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your advice,i have added it in SXMB_ADM,but this time i am getting "Received HTTP response code 500 : Timeout" in Message monitoring audit log.

if you know please let me know you inputs.

Thanks in advance

Venkatagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

make a search on sdn this is a very common issue in sync/async bridge (using BPM) scenarios...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c059d583-a551-2c10-e095-eb5d95e03...