SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISU and general ECC 6.0 functions in same client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

This might seem very similar to many questions asked, but I seem to have no concrete answer to my question.

I know that ISU comes integrated with ECC 6.0 but our Basis consultant is saying that we cannot have ISU functions and ECC general functionalities in the same client.

Is this true? Or can we use all ISU and ECC 6.0 general functions in the same client?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Animesh:

There is no technical reason ISU and other functions must be separated. Typically they are implemented in the same client.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Animesh:

There is no technical reason ISU and other functions must be separated. Typically they are implemented in the same client.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response. I also had the same opinion.

But from whatever cases I have seen, all customers are having separate clients for ISU and general ECC.

Is it due to the technical limitation or is it more like a best practice for performance reasons.

Have you come across live situations where ECC functions like SD, MM, FICO, PP, etc. are in the same client as ISU.

0 Kudos

Animesh:

As I mentioned in my reply, there is no technical restriction as to why ISU and ECC would be implemented in separate clients. Doing it that way will increase work for implementation as you are disrupting normal integration processes. In my experience, maybe only 5% of customers separate the functions and this is due to business requirements. the overwhelming majority implement them in one client so as to make use of standard integration of business processes.

regards,

bill.