Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DE logon not possible in NW 7.3

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

A cusotmer is reporting that in their newly installed NW 7.3 system,DE language is not available in RSCPINST.So they can't

logon with DE.Is this language deactivated defautly in NW 7.3 release?

Thanks&Regards

Jie Bai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes,I know how to activate DE language in RSCPINST.But my question is why DE is deactivated when newly install a NW7.3 system.Is this system design or customer's fault during system installation?

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the NW 7.3 Help documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4d/91edc46fcd1747e10000000a15822b/frameset.htm

The languages English and German are complete in all newly installed systems. You therefore do not need to import them into installed systems

Regards,

Srikishan

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No,I'm not asking about SMLT.The customer's question is about language activation in report RSCPINST.Due to DE is not

defaulty activated,customer can't logon with DE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You alway can add DE on RSCPINST.. on the language list.. if the DE not available from the selection you can extend the language..

after that you need to modify the installed language to put DE on the installed language list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP note 42305 to configure the language DE. As suggested, use RSCPINST and F4 help to add the DE language.

Do a 'simulation' which will give you the exact suggestions for profile parameter change etc. After changing these, system restart -> DE logon should be possible.

Regards,

SRikishan

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes,I know how to activate DE language in RSCPINST.But my question is why DE is deactivated when newly install a NW7.3 system.Is this system design or customer's fault during system installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

English and German languages would be pre-installed for new installation. But EN only would be active by default. Others have to be configured.

Regards,

Srikishan

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikishan,

Thanks a lot for your answer.problem resolved.