cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job not deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i want delete the "SM:SELFDIAGNOSIS" background job on solution manager system .

and i have deleted, go to next date and then delete the released job but after one day again its showing in released.

so how i can delete it properly .

Regards

jai kr.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure, but looks like the job is being triggered explicitly by Solution manager and therefore a new run in initiated everyday.

You should try checking the source (program: RDSWP_SELF_DIAGNOSIS) which triggers the job and disable it if not required.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

actually i have scheduled this job with the administrator user and i wants to delete of scheduled old job which has been schedule by DDIC .

and also i have done the all things as per you all instruction but problem is still.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiv,

First check the frequency of this job from SM37

Go to SM37 -> give your job name ->and select all the options like

delete the entries in start date and end date fileds. then execute.

If you find job in Released state ,simply go to menu Job -> click on release to schedule.

Now this job will in Schedule and won't run untill you release it.

Deleting the jobs is not good idea ,simply you can suspend it.

Regards,

Srinivas Chapa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivji,

SM37> select the job (future date : tomorrow) and change the status from RELEASED to SCHEDULED and then delete the job.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done all these action but problem is still .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this way, go to sm36 --> click the tab on Standard Jobs which shows list of standard jobs. Select the job which needs to be deleted and then go to menu , Reorg Job ---> Delete Job and then check the status

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select all the status options, Delete the start and end date from the selection screen of SM37, then delete the jobs.

Search SDN/Google before posting your queries

Read SAP R/3 administration hand book (and ADM100) for a better knowledge

Regards,

Nick Loy

0 Kudos

Dear Jai,

I think Background job is scheduled daily basis, go to the tcode sm37 - by default it shows todays jobs ,select the dates properly and delete the jobs.

Regards

Rams