cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Alert from adapter error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is alert also triggered from an error in the adapter ?

i have set my alert configuration , and it works fine if i get any error in SXMB_MONI but how can i alert if an error is reported in the adapter?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ALso take a look at this note : 882215

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Udi,

Which SP are you on? Adapter Engine Alerts can be trapped from SP14 onwards.

Also take a look at these question in note 913858,

<i>Q2: Why does the container variable SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE (SXMS_TO_INTERFACE) display the wrong value?

A2: This might happen when a message fails on the Adapter Framework. The Adapter Framework uses only one interface/namespace in contrast to the Integration Server which distinguishes between sender and receiver interfaces. When a message fails, the interface name is copied to the alert structure into the sender and receiver interface field, provided the corresponding sender/receiver service is known.

Q3: Why does the alert rule not work when I provide the sender and/or receiver interface name in the rule and the message fails on the Adapter Framework?

A3: The reason is the same as for question 2. Please make sure to provide the receiver interface name for alerts from messages which are received and failing on the Adapter Framework (and vice versa the sender interface name when the message fails on an sender adapter).</i>

Regards,

Bhavesh