cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in QS21 T-code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an error when using QS21 T-code.

I have created Characteristics in CT01 and assigned them to class in turn to Material Master in MM01. Now I have to create MIC's for the Char's I have created. While doing so in QS21 I am getting an error message that

"Class Char is already linked with master insp.char XXX in Plant XXX"

So does this mean that only once a Class Char is linked to MIC and cannot be linked twice across the plants of company code..??

Because I am trying to link them in Plant B, but I am getting the error that it's already linked in Plant A..??

and also I can see in QS61 that the Class Char's and MIC's are linked in Plant A..Now I am working in plant B..So if I have to link them in Plant B should I need to link them again by giving Plant B..??

Please explain

Regard's,

Uday.

Edited by: uday Kiran 1903 on Sep 27, 2011 8:00 AM

Edited by: uday Kiran 1903 on Sep 27, 2011 8:05 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vasudevap_pushpalas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please Follow this steps

1.Check Inspection Setup What u have given

2.Create a Quality Work center with control Key QM01

3.Create Master Inspection Characteristic in QS21

4.Create Quality Plan QP01 make sure your usage type 5 0r 6

5.Assign inspection characteristics in master inspection whatever u have created in QS21 save

6.Go to QA32 check with selection by material or by plant

With Regards

Pushpalas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ticket is Closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can only link one class characteristic to one MIC.

Try with creating different versions.

Please go through the below links you will get idea

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=285837

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your reply.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I have gone through the links you have given. But I am not understanding the discussions happened in Link 2 you have given.

Regarding the "Linking MIC to Class Characteristics for Multiple Plants."

Please explain me the Fictional plant thing in the below question posted in that SAP Fan club Forum

1) With regards to linking MIC's to Class Characteristiecs do I have to use only 1 plant for the MIC's, i.e. I can't link two characteristics in two different plants to 1 Class Char? I see some people create a fictional plant and use this to create all the MIC's. Is this the best option?

In my present project also we are following the same situation of similar plants producing the same material. Instead of using Inspection plan we are using MIC's for recording the results.

Please explain.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fictional plants are plants that have been invented, and do not exist in real.

It will act as a reference plant and it will not be a real plant

Regards

Hari

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One key to remember is that MIC's can be shared across plants. For example you don't have to create a pH mic in every plant. Just one. It can be used by all other plants.

So, because you can only have one MIC linked to a general characteristic, many designs use a "master data" plant. This might be a fictinoal plant, the largest plant, a corporate office plant, whatever. But the idea is that all MIC's are created in this plant and than shared across all plants. Ideally, you do not want any duplicate tests in your system at either the general characteristic level or the MIC level.

FF