cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earned Value and Project Profitability (RA key)

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am having trouble in getting the Earned and the customization of project profitability

I did followig customization

1. Create Progress Version 100 with exclusive use 'Progress Analysis'. I have selected Plan & Actual check boxes.

2. Settings for Progress Version-

a) Plan version - Blank ( as the EV bais is Budget - active project, overall value)

b) EV basis - Budget - active project, overall value

c) POC weighting - Budget - active project, overall value

d) Planning type - Basic dates

e) Early / Late - earliest possible

f) Both reference boxes selected

3. SKFs- create three SKFs 10 (Non-Aggregated POC), 20 (Aggregated POC) and 30 (POC for RA) with unit of measure '%' and selected the Key value category 'Total values'.

4. assign these SKFs to different value categories. I created three value category 100, 110 & 1120 with selection 'SKF with total values' and unit of measure '%'. assigned SKF 10 to VC 100, SKF 20 to VC 110, SKF 30 to VC 120

5.assigned measurement method as default value:

a) WBS (Plan) - Time Proportional

b) WBS (Actual) - Degree of Processing

c) Internal Activity (Plan) - Time Proportional

d) Internal Activity (Actual) - Degree of Processing

c) Exernal activity(Plan) - Time Proportional

d) Exernal Activity (Actual) - Degree of Processing

6. progress cost element defined e.g. '899998' (Secondary cost element) with Cost element category as 61.

7.maintain a value catagory e.g. 899998 with Cost radio button selected.

And assigned the progress cost element to the value catagory. i.e Cost element 899998 to value catagory 899998.

8. maintain the assignment of cost element group. ie. I assigned progress cost elemnt to cost element group with default radio button selected. In the cost element group, I have selected certain cost elements which we regularly used (cost elements for project materials, project manhours, project contracts, spares etc)

9. Define Statistical Key Figure for Percentage of Completion - I defined the SKF 10 (POC, Non-Aggregated), 20(POC, Aggregated) , 30 (POC, Result Analysis) against controlling area.

Now when i see the POC report in CNE5, i am able to see the acurate % Duration and % Work but i am unable to see the Earned Value for the project which i beleive will be displayed BCWP and BCWS. The Non-agg POC and Agg POC are also displayed blank

In my project i didn't maintained anything measurement method as Pln Deflt and Act. Deflt was displayed automically and i only maintained the weights.

Please help me out with this scenario and also let me know what are the configuration required for getting the Project Profitability.

Thanks and Regards

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sarfaraj_ahmad
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try below setting it is one of the simplest & then try for other method.

You changes the setting of the progress versions as per below detail

EV Basis: 4 Cost Plan (active project, annual values)

POC weighting: 7 Cost Plan (active project, annual values)

Planning type: 1 Basic Dates

Early/Late: 1 Earliest Possible

Actual method: Selected

Ref. plan meth.: Selected

use cost proportional measuring method for wbs element & activity.

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarfaraj,

Just a small question arisis.

Since my project is an customer project, therefore all the cost and budget is done on an overall bais

I took the Earned Value on the bais of Cost Plan (active project, overall values)

and POC Weights Work, basic (active project)

i used cost propotional method as a default method for plan and actual, even then the Earned value not getting displayed.

what else can i do.

Regards

Simon

sarfaraj_ahmad
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the measurement method plan & actual in progress tab of every WBS elements, activity elements & activity. As system don't pick the default value. Check it . it will work .

Thanks,

Sarfaraj,

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i tried to maintain the method plan in activity, it prompts the following message

"Network activity is assigned to an account header - note long text

Message no. 7A330

Diagnosis

You are processing a network activity or activity element assigned to a header. Because cost information is stored on the network header, the system cannot determine any earned values for this operation.

System Response

You can continue processing.

Procedure

Use networks assigned to an operation to calculate earned values. To enable an aggregation of the percentage of completion, choose either 'work' or a 'manual weight' within the progress version as the basis for weighting".

Even i tried with defined the Work, basic (active project) in POC weight in progress version and tried it shows the same message displayed,

Then i tried with weights (active project) in POC weight in progress version and then again it displayed the same message

Please let me know if there some configuration which i need to do

Regards

Simon

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems your network is header assigned network. In this case you need to use activity assigned network.

In OPUV please select the check box Actvty Acct Assgn.

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Even after checking the Actvty Acct Assgn in opuv, i am still getting the same pop up message when i try to enter the method plan adjasent to the default plan in the activity.

please let me know if any other configuratio i need to do.

regards

Simon

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the configuration changes will not effect for the existing project.

please create a new one and check.

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

It still shows the same value as blank.

Regards

Simon

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In continuing with the discussion.. i thought the issue could be related to the cost element. For eg. when i assign the cost element to the value category i am assigning the secodary cost elemnt with the type 61 (EV) and other material consumption cost element. but during my internal activity i dont assign the cost element anywhere, only thing assigned is the workcentre on which include the cost centre and the activity type through which the cost is derived. so i was thinking since i dont assign any cost element pertaining to the internal activity in the value category, so the cost didn't flow in the value category..

Experts please let me know if i am correct or not, if yes then which cost element or the cost centre should i take with respect to the internal activity in the value category.

Regards

Simon Walter

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Every activity type is assigned with cost element which is category of internal activity allocation. if you can go to tr code KL03 and check cost element assigned to it. and see that whether is assigned in your cost element group.

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 189230 contains some information that you may find useful when troubleshooting within your progress analysis.

Regards,

Ammar

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Now when i see the POC report in CNE5, i am able to see the acurate % Duration and % Work but i am unable to see the Earned Value for the project which i beleive will be displayed BCWP and BCWS. The Non-agg POC and Agg POC are also displayed blank

Hope you have calculated the progress by running CNE1 before running CNE5..

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes i did run the CNE1 before running CNE5

Regards

Simon

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please try to reconstruct the information data base and check the report..

run CNE1 >>> then CJEN >>>> and check CNE5

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I did the reconstruction of the project and then run the report CNE5 but still it shows the value as blank

Regards

Simon

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 2. Settings for Progress Version-

> a) Plan version - Blank ( as the EV bais is Budget - active project, overall value)

> b) EV basis - Budget - active project, overall value

> c) POC weighting - Budget - active project, overall value

>

Can you please check your budget values..

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked the budget, entire budget has been released..

Regards

Simon

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it is because of the following..

BCWS = Plan Value x Plan POC in your case Plan value = Budget and you do not have any budget on the activity.

so it is not possible to see any value..

and also to get aggregated value you please maintain some POC weightage otherwise it wont because there is no budget on the activities..

Can you please change your plan values to cost planning instead of budget and check whether it is giving earned values or not to confirm the above finding..

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs,

Actually in my project we are not doing the cost planning (i.e Manual Cost Planning or Easy Cost Planning), The actual cost is only mapped against the Budget. That is the reason why i used the Budget (active project, overall value) in EV Basis and POC Weighting instead of Cost (active project, overall value). but as you suggested i changed the EV basis and POC weighting to Cost (active project, overall value) and still i am not able to view the BCWS and aggregate POC even after assigning the weightage.

please let me know if anything else is required.

Regards

Simon