cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic character format in SMARTFORMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I want to make a dynamic character format in smartforms. I did it in SAPscript and success.

what I did in program before passing to smartform :

d_note = '<XX> dynamic text </>'

and pass it to SAPscript and smartforms :

&d_note&

in SAPscript I made new character format XX as BOLD and UNDERLINED. it works for SAPscript. the output become = dynamic txt

unfortunately when I do this in smartforms, it is a fail although I have set new character format XX as bold and underline in smartstyles. the output become = <XX> dynamic text </>

any guru has a solution for this smartform?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sendy,

You cant use tags (eg- <XX>) in smartfomrs like you did in sap scripts. Use your style in the smartform( form attributes) with all character formats and paragraph formats which you need. When you create a new text module in the smartform you will get two drop down lists for the paragraph formats and character formats in the top of the editor. Type your text there and highlight then choose 'XX'(or any other character format) character format from the drop down list.

Hope this would help.

Cheers,

Jeewana

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sendy,

If you are using change editor and you are sure that you have activated the character format you created and you have closed the tag </> it should give you the correct output. Using this editor in smartforms will have matters in alignment and indentation. Run the smartform correctly to see the output.

Cheers,

Jeewana

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunately this can not be applied in smartforms while SAPscript can be applied.

I'm sorry but I think you only repeating my question inspite of answering the smartforms anomali.