cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File -> Proxy scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a File -> Proxy scenarion where file will be received from PKMS into PI and each record of the file needs to sent to SAP by calling Proxy.. Each record needs to be sent depending on previous record response from SAP

For Ex:

Suppose we have 3 messages generated from one file and then I sent first message to RFC , RFC will send the response back and depending on the response I need to send the next message..

Is there any way of doing this scenario without using BPM.. If yes, please let us know..

If not possible without BPM , Please let us know the steps for the same..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can sugest next solution:

1. you send all records to special proxy

2. Your special proxy will call another proxy (or rfc, bapi function) for each record, if reponse will be successfull, your proxy will make call for next record, else it will end processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I think before you worry about BPM or no BPM you should describe a little better what are exactly the 'functional' requirements for this interface.

From your desciption it looks like two things are possible:

1) RFC sends back a positive response, and then PI sends the next message

2) RFC sends back a negative response, PI will stop sending messages.

(are there other options?)

What happens in the second case? Will someone monitor this interface continously? How are we to solve the issues that caused the first message to fail in ECC?

It can be that your interface only needs to maintain the order of the messages, in which case you might solve the requirements with EOIO.

This still leaves the question of error solving but it makes your interface a lot less complex

kr

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I will revisit the design after getting inputs from your end. Please find my initial design.

Without BPM

+1. I will use an ABAP mapping for this interface

2. In the mapping, I will parse the xml ( using FCC in the file sender adapter ) and generate an internal table.

3. I will loop on the internal table ( which has the entire records ) and call an RFC function module instead of Proxy.

4. RFC will return success or failure status

5. We will check the status of the return parameter and either send the next record or flag that record in the internal table

6. Incase of an error we would generate a flat file with all the error records and put it on the application server. Also we will raise an exception to trigger alert.+

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Indranil

Edited by: Indranil Roy on Sep 27, 2011 11:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Wtih respect to your query regarding File to Proxy scenario. Please can you provide me with some more information.

1. Number of file transactions in a day.

2. Max Number of records in the file to understand the size.

3. Version of PI being used.

Regards,

Indranil