cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a customized popup in Rodmap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have following requirement. I want to open a popup when User chooses Next button ( On Edit View in a road map ). I have referred FPM cookbook and I have done following steps.

1. In the Component Controller, I create a new Web Dynpro ABAP Event andname it REGISTER_DIALOG.

3. In the method PROCESS_EVENT I raised the Web Dynpro ABAP Event REGISTER_DIALOG.

IF io_event->mv_event_id = 'FPM_NEXT_STEP'.

ev_result = if_fpm_constants=>gc_event_result-defer.

wd_this->fire_register_dialog_evt(

).

ENDIF.

4. In the View DIALOG BOX_CARRIER, created a new method and named it REGISTER_DIALOG of method type event handler for the event REGISTER_DIALOG .

5. In the method REGISTER_DIALOG BOX, I am using the ABAP Window API to create adialog boxand register the dialog box for opening using following code.

data lo_window_manager type ref to if_wd_window_manager.

data lo_api_component type ref to if_wd_component.

data lo_window type ref to if_wd_window.

lo_api_component = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

lo_window_manager = lo_api_component->get_window_manager( ).

lo_window = lo_window_manager->create_window(

window_name = 'W_POPUP_ADD'

• title =

• close_in_any_case = abap_true

message_display_mode = if_wd_window=>co_msg_display_mode_selected

• close_button = abap_true

button_kind = if_wd_window=>co_buttons_ok

message_type = if_wd_window=>co_msg_type_none

default_button = if_wd_window=>co_button_ok

).

lo_window->open( ).

But When I test this FPM application and press next button on EDIT view system does not open any window.

Can anybody suggest where am I making a mistake?

Thanks in advance

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way you described , i am not finding any problem. It is better to debug and see if you indeed come to view event handler method which fires popup and analyse further from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

When I try debug the Process event method when I have triggered a event registered at component controller, I come accross following method in given class.

Class: CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP

Method: HANDLE_REQUEST

cl_wdr_client_ssr=>todo_cleanup( 'Evil hack because of missing support in RR_APPLICATION' )."#EC NOTEXT

I don't what exactly am I missing, it should be very small point since I have followed exactly as sap has recommended in its documentation. Please suggest if anybody has any clue.

Thanks

Abhay

Former Member
0 Kudos

it looks like rendering the popup has problem. What i suggest is to try testing by replacing the current popup with another popup from another component or a simple screen with a text on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having exactly the same issue, and have also seen other posts related to it. The event handler do not invoke. This is regardless of whether i set the first event to DEFER or not... it would be good to know if this is a persistent issue in WDA, or whether the documentation is omitting something.

fyi, I have also tried to use the same technique to open a dialog box via the FPM component configuration, but it also fails.

Regards,

Trond