cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Supplement on WBS based on AuC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all !

I'm trying to use CJ37 [Supplement Budget] for a WBS element...

It appears this message "Overall budget and/or annual budget cannot be processed"...

When I go to CJ20n tcode,

Edit > WBS Element > Investment Programs -> Investment Program, in order to assign the WBS to a Invest. Prog., it appears a message "WBS superior element is account assignment element"

Actually, this WBS Invest. Program. is based on AuC (Asset Under Construction).

The question is: how can I supplement budget for this project/WBS element provided that it's not related to a prog. invest. position?

Thanks for help,

Evandro Neves.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evandro,

The scenario you are using is IM-PS Budgeting , where Top Down Budgeting is used. i.e Budget is allocated first to Investment Program first and then it is distributed to WBS elements. Hence for Supplementing Budget using CJ37 will not help.

First use IM30 and IM 52 to distirbute budget to level 1 WBS(Higher level to which Investment Program is linked).

Then use CJ30 to distribute budget to lower level WBS elements. Please try

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, thanks for the answers!!!!

I did exactly all the procedures based on your amazing comments.... The only difference is the step 1

1) IMA11 - I found out the Investment Program assigned to my Project;

2) IM30 - To supplement budget to the IP;

3) IM52 - Budget distribution to the subordinate objects, Project/WBS element...

When I go to the IM52 tcode, I face with some errors due to some WBS elements locked, which means I can't distribute budget to the superior positions ... As I unlock these WBS elements, the superior positions allow me to distribute the budget...

Maybe, this procedure solves my problem, but the question is: would you guys execute this procedure (unlock all the projects) with the aim of solving this kind of problem ?

Thanks,

Evandro Neves.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elaborate on the error from IM52. Did you mean the project to which you want to put budget was locked?

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreekanth,

The targeted project is unlocked, but there are many other projects which are locked (log list bellow)... As a result, I can't split my budget to the superior investment program positions...

Typ Message text

System status LKD is active (WBS PI/3010.10/007)

System status BMLK is active (WBS PI/3010.10/007)

System status LKD is active (WBS PI/3040.10/001)

System status BMLK is active (WBS PI/3040.10/001)

System status LKD is active (WBS PI/3040.10/007)

System status BMLK is active (WBS PI/3040.10/007)

System status LKD is active (WBS PI/3600.10/002)

System status CLSD is active (WBS PI/3600.10/002)

System status BMLK is active (WBS PI/3600.10/002)

System status LKD is active (WBS PI/3010.10/011)

System status BMLK is active (WBS PI/3010.10/011)

System status LKD is active (WBS PI/3010.10/012)

System status BMLK is active (WBS PI/3010.10/012)

System status LKD is active (WBS PI/3010.10/013)

Thanks in advance,

Evandro Neves.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In IM12, i was able to make changes to the WBS Element from my sample project even though i had assigned other WBS Elements that are in locked status.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreekanth,

you mean, you could distribute your budget to superior positions even though there were locked WBS elements, by IM12?

Could you, please, give me further information about the use of this TCODE ?

Thanks a lot,

Evandro Neves.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In IM12 i assigned a few WBS Elements; some of them had LKD status and some other was in REL. Then in IM52 i am able to make changes / addition of budgets to non-LKD WBS elements with out any errors. The LKD ones where just grayed out in IM52.

PS: I have used WBS Element as measures (just saying because i think in one of your earlier post i think you mentioned about Appropriation Requests as well).

Regards

Sreekanth

Edited by: Sreekanth P S on Sep 30, 2011 10:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreekanth,

exactly, I still have the same problem... I used IM12 TCODE... Additionally, when I went through IM52 TCODE, the previous errors (mentioned above) are still disturbing me...

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,

Evandro Neves.

PS: I'm planning to create a new investment program (IM11) and assign my WBS elements to that... Although this solution is very "agressive"...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, I got you now. Looks like inall the other WBS Elements apart from LKD you have put a "Budget" lock. When i added this lock i was able to see the error message in IM52. But it still let me make changes to the budget values of other unlocked WBS. I would suggest you try the correct assignment and make the budget changes for non-locked WBS and save, it should accept your values. If not, (just a guess) remove budget lock (keep LKD) from other WBS and try IM52.

regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evandro,

As stated by Sreekanth, you need to link the higher level WBS (with account assignment) to the IM program and assign budget at that level. Because you are using IM for budgeting, you will provide supplement to your higher level WBS using IM30 (for program) and IM52 (for measure i.e. WBS). Once the supplement has been provided to the higher level WBS, this can be distirbuted to the desired (lower level) WBS via CJ30 budget distribution.

CJ37 is used to provide supplementary budget provided you are not using IM. In your case, it will throw an error because you are using a budget profile that is linked with a program type budget (OPS9) and the system expects the higher level WBS which is account assigned to be assigned to an IM position.

Regards,

Ammar

Edited by: Ammar Zaheer Syed on Sep 27, 2011 9:03 AM

Edited by: Ammar Zaheer Syed on Sep 27, 2011 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the message from CJ20N, it seems there is a higher level WBS Element that is marked as "Account Assignment" element. So you need to link that to IM position. Once you do this assignment, you would be able to pass the budget from IM to the WBS Element. After this, if your business demands, then you can ditribute the budget to lower level WBS Elements.

Regards

Sreekanth