Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB Database Studio installation and releases

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

we would like to to install MaxDB Database Studio on the server on which we are installing a SAP BW 7.0 EhP2 with MaxDB 7.8.

Can we do this without problems? I remember that the Database Studio modifies some MaxDB Database components, could this be harmful in any way? There are actually 7.8 and 7.9 releases available, which one should we install on our server?

Regards,

Valerio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

> we would like to to install MaxDB Database Studio on the server on which we are installing a SAP BW 7.0 EhP2 with MaxDB 7.8.

> Can we do this without problems? I remember that the Database Studio modifies some MaxDB Database components, could this be harmful in any way? There are actually 7.8 and 7.9 releases available, which one should we install on our server?

>

> Regards,

> Valerio

Hi,

SAP Netweaver 7.02 supports MaxDB 7.7 and 7.8, but not 7.9. So, I suggest you install MaxDB 7.8 with the MaxDB Database Studio 7.8

Check PAM, below;

https://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001303&_EVENT=RELEASE&00200682500000002804=...

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think database studios are downward compatible with MaxDB database versions. You have an option to go for latest database studio 7.9 even with MaxDB 7.8 I think.

Note 1315244 - Feature list for SAP MaxDB Database Studio

Thanks

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I will install the Database Studio on a different host, I am really not confident about this tool

SAP Note 1097311 (MaxDB Database Studio installation) does not provide informations about my question, and is not updated

Moreover I am not sure if I can safely use the old DBM GUI to manage a MaxDB 7.8 installation, even if it seems to work for basic, read-only operations

Thanks for your support

Valerio