cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party sale - Realtime configuration experience

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you share your experience in connection with Third party sale configuration during realtime?

In other words, for 3rd party sale configuration -

1) Did you (SD consultant) configure it in SAP together with a MM consultant?

2) What tasks / areas did you cover and what did the MM consultant cover?

3) The prices to pay to the third party by the company (your client), who configured it (you or MM consultant)?

4) Any other realtime issues, learnings in connection with third party configuration process?

Please note - I am not asking for the "technical" steps (e.g. BANS, TAS, CS, Purchase org., ME11, ME01 etc.)

Many thanks, in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Did you (SD consultant) configure it in SAP together with a MM consultant?

Yes. It has to be configured with help / co-operation from MM side.

2) What tasks / areas did you cover and what did the MM consultant cover?

SD Consultant - All SD related config like Sales Doc type, item Category (most important Billing relevance), Schedule Line Category (activaton of creation of PR), Copy Control between Order & Invoice & Procing Procedure.

3) The prices to pay to the third party by the company (your client), who configured it (you or MM consultant)?

You mean for payment to Vendor - it is purely MM Configuration right from Creation of PO from PR, Statistical MIGO (if Required) & MIRO (Purchase Invoice).

4) Any other realtime issues, learnings in connection with third party configuration process?

My most important learning was Billing Relevance settting in SD Item Cateogry. (I mean you can control in SD, whether the Sales Invoice is to be created on basis on Statistical MIGO or MIRO)...

The above question & answers are too generic. Kindly let us know any specific qiestions you have.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

3) The pricing procedure to be assigned to the PO etc. in order to pay to the vendor (by the company). Is this configured by MM consultant?

3A) During unit testing, is this a team effort between SD and MM consultant?

3B) During UAT, in QA client, do Sales dept staff and Purchasing dept staff test this together?

Other question -

If in a sales order, the line items are as follows -

#10 M1 TAN 1EA

#20 M2 TAS 5EA

- schedule line with 5EA

#30 M3 TAS 3EA

- schedule line with 1EA, delivery date1

- schedule line with 2EA, delivery date2

How many PRs shall be created automatically?

Many thanks, in advance!

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

3A) During unit testing, is this a team effort between SD and MM consultant?

Basically it is a team work, but to tell you frankly, generaly SD Consultant's job is complete if system is generating PR on saving Third party Order.

Next step would be to convert PR into PO & this is purely MM Consultant's job.

Thus if you speak of Unit Testing, SD side testing is complete if system has generated PR on saving Third Party Sales Order.

3B) During UAT, in QA client, do Sales dept staff and Purchasing dept staff test this together?

In most companies yes. Sales & Purchase Dept. staff do the UAT togahter. But in case of very large organizations, where Purchase & Sales Departments are based in different locations (or different cities all-togahter), then they may not do it togahter.

For your question on Number of PR's:

See basically system will create one PR per Sales Order, containing details of material & quantity of all the Third Party Items in Sales Order.

Now it is a choice of Purchasing Department to create a Single PO for all Sales Order Items (if Vendor is same) or create multiple PO's for single PR (if Vendor / Purchasing Group) is different.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you please answer / confirm my point 3?

3) The pricing procedure to be assigned to the PO etc. in order to pay to the vendor (by the company). Is this configured by MM consultant?

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. This is done by MM person.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
in order to pay to the vendor (by the company).
    Is this configured by MM

It is basic thumb rule that for all outgoing payments, the configurations would be in MM and for receivables, it would be in SD.

G. Lakshmipathi