cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Purchase Order Number through the Delivery Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm doing an EDI 856 ( ASN / Shipment Notice) and I need to know how can I find the PO Number if I only have the Shipment (Delivery) number.

What I wanna know is the relation between PO and Delivery Document.

Best Regards,

Eduardo Arruda Pimentel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edurado,

If you're talking about the PO number on the sales order..then you need to table VBFA, pick up the sales order number and for that sales order number, go to table VBKD and pick up the PO number{ field BSTKD}.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rags,

Thanks for your help. There is another way? a direct relation?

Another question, how many Purchase Orders can I have related to a delivery document? Just one?

Kind Regards,

Eduardo Arruda Pimentel.

Edited by: eMineiro on Sep 26, 2011 3:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eudrado,

There is no direct relation.

Technically, the relation between PO and delivery is many to many i.e. one PO can be related to multiple deliveries and many POs can appear in single delivery..this depends on your business scenario.

for ex., one sales oder might be split into multiple deliveries or many sales orders can be merged into one delivery.

In this case, you can consider searching table VBFA by item number also..as VBKD contains line item number also.

Regards,

Raghu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the T.code SE16N there give VBFA in that table give your delivery no (VBELV),then press F8 once you got the information of the particular delivery there you can find relevant PO for that delivery (VBTYP_N) Vrepresents the P.O.

Thanks

Ram