cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in SOLMAN_SETUP during Managed System Config phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have setup fresh Solution Manager7.0 EHP1, and before performing its post configuration trough SOLMAN_SETUP i have a doubt, Do i have to manually connect ECC6.0 ABAP system to solution manager through SMSY tcode (before executing SOLMAN_ETUP) or should i simply execute the third phase of SOLMAN_SETUP (wihtout connecting any of the ECC6.0 ABAp systems) i.e. "Managed System Configuration'

How my ECC6.0 ABAP systems would get reflected in Solution Manager, Do i have to go by RZ70 or they will be automatically fetched ?

The SLD present on this solution Manager is Central SLD, as we do not have PI in our landscape.

Your helpful insights would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Ayush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ayush Johri

Just don't forget to install SMD Agent in this ECC system before execute the managed setup system. There's one step in Managed Setup that will execute some checks in the remote system and the SMD agent must be installed in this system to execute the checks.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If this is a new install, then you would run Solman_setup, Intiial and Basic.

The Managed system setup can be run later,or at any time.

This lets you do the intial and basic configurations. Then it lets you define your product systems in SMSY.

When you are ready, you can then run Solman_setup to perform the managed system setup for the ECC system.

You don't need to do it at this point in the setup.

Regards,

Paul