cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error VF198 " The billing item does not contain a quantity"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

When I try to bill a sales order with a billing plan, I get this error message in the log at the time of invoice creation.

The billing plan itself consists of a line with date, value and other rules for downpayment and another one for the closing invoice.

The materials have prices and confirmed schedule line quantities in the sales order. Dates and values get copied from the billing plan and everything seems to be in order.

I get this message once in a while, not every time, but the investigations so far have been to no avail.

Thank you very much in advance for your suggestions!

Regards,

Miro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether it is already invoiced !!!!

if no,check any block is specified to that line item in billing plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copy control has been properly set up, nothing has been invoiced yet, and billing block has already been removed.

Regards,

Miro

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether OSS Note 726039 - Allow partial quantity billing for billing plans help you resolve the issue.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As my original explanation might be a bit misleading, let me clarify a bit- my sales order has a billing plan for milestone billing on header level and the billing process itself is normal- via VF01.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I request you to kindly check with your technical team,why it is happening sometimes.So check wheather the copy controls,billing plan has been set correctly or not.

Regards

Srinath

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miro

As you are creating the sales order through billing plan, so please check the billed quantity of that sales order.

Regards

Srinath