cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Characteristics and MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating MIC in QS21 T-code. Here I want to assign my Class Characteristics in MIC. but when I try to assign them the class type is shown as 005. I want to chnage it to 023 as I have created Batch characteristics in 023. But I cannot able to change. So how to change.

Is there any other alternate way to assign the class charateristics to MIC..??

regard's,

Uday.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the way you are assigning the class char is wrong !!

In Initial screen of the QS21 where you enter bame & plant below that ther is option to enter the Name of class char.

Do not enter it inside MIC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your reply

Actually I know the process for creating the MIC with respect to Class Characteristics. In my Class I have roughly round 150 characteristics defined. So do I need to create 150 MIC against this 150 Characteristics..??? or is there any alternate way to enter all the 150 characteristics at a time to one MIC..??

Please explain.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is limitation ....One class char can be linked to only one Master inspection char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

Thanks for your reply,

So do u mean I need to create a MIC against a Class Char..??so in all I need to create 150 MIC's..??

and after creating MIC's do I need to link the MIC's and chara's in QS61 t-code..?what exactly QS61 T-code does..??

Please explain.

Regard's,

Uday,

Former Member
0 Kudos

So do u mean I need to create a MIC against a Class Char..??so in all I need to create 150 MIC's..??

Yes

after creating MIC's do I need to link the MIC's and chara's in QS61 t-code..?what exactly QS61 T-code does..??

No ...it has nothing to do with QS61.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually you may possibly need to link them in QS61 if you are inspecting by material specification and wish specs to be copied from the batch classification down to your inspection lots.

But first, you make the link in QS21, 22 or 23. This is done in the 'Class char.' field directly below the Mstr insp. char. field in QS/21, 22 or 23.

I think you clicked on the button "Classification" which allows you to classify MIC's together. This is not normally done in most QM designs except in very large systems and companies where there might be thousands and thousands of characteristics. Aside from searching, I have not found many practical uses for this.

BTW: It is usually much easier to first create the general characteristics and then create your MICS.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

Thanks for your reply.

As you said that there is nothing to do with QS61 t-code, then where should I link the MIC's and Class Char's..?? Then what is the use of QS61 t-code..??

Please explain me with patience.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ohhh ...there was some misunderstanding...Assigning class char to MIC has nothing to do with QS61

Where as a MIC is to be attached to Material specification in QS61 only...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creation of class Characteristic (CT04)

u2022 Creation of Batch Class (CL01)

u2022 Assignment of above created classed characteristic to the Batch Class at the time of class creation. (CL01)

u2022 Assignment of batch class to material master in classification view. (MM01)

u2022 Creation of MIC with reference to above created Class characteristic (QS21)

u2022 Creation of inspection plan with above MIC (QP01)

u2022Follow your business process cycle for creation of inspection lot

u2022 Result recording and usage decision (QA32)

You can see in MSC2N that batch characteristic will get updated.

Also go through the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/2d/350a19448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Thanks for your reply.

I know the step by step process what you have suggested me to follow. we do our Results recording through QE51n t-code and not through Inspection plan. I have around 150 characteristics defined for my class.

So my question here is do I need to create 150 MIC's against each 150 Characteristics or is there any alternate where in I can define all my 150 char's at a time to one MIC..??

Regard's,

Uday.