cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer material information record for payer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually we create customer material info record for Sold to pary and Ship to party. Can we create customer material info record for payer party? My customer has created delivery and billing doc without sales document. He has updated the text in cutomer material info record and wants to reflect in billing doc. How can we determine the text from customer material info recrod to billing doc for payer master ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with the response above. Payer is just a party that is responsible for paying the bills, so it's not logical to maintain info records for this type of customer. It wouldn't be recommended as a regular business process, I believe. Also I believe and agree that the text is copied to the sales order and won't be picked up in the no-order scenario. If this is some kind of an exception that happened by mistake then perhaps the text could be entered manually in the delivery/invoice, so that it's printed on the form.

Also the forms for any document may be customized for any requirements. If some data is needed only for presentation (e.g. customer requires on the invoice) then this can always be done in a form instead of introducing some exotic process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the customer number in VD51 is the customer number..so if you maintain for payer... it would be picked up..

but whether it'll be searched and used in billing document..am not sure about it..and logically think it won't be picked up in billing document since there is data like customer material/ plant/ delivery priority and most of the information required for delivery..and its too late to be picked up in billing document.

Regards,

Raghu.