Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Requirements scenario - entry channel for multiple companies -

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have requirement to use external requirements where the PR will be created in ECC and then will be pushed to SRM for sourcing. Seeing the documents I see that one of the pre-requisite are:

1. Creating organization unit as entry from back end,

2. Assign user id used for RFC in the organization,

3. Create local purchasing group to serve the organization unit,

4. Make sure that the purchasing org which the local purchasing group assigned should have attribute BUK (co.code in backend).

I have doubt in:

1. We have 2 company codes in the backend. So in this case should I assig BOTH co.code in the purchasing org? Or should I create another purchasing org for another co.code?

2. We already set 1 purchasing org act as backend purchasing org, where all the backend purchasing group assigned to it. For external requirement, it is asking for local purchasing group. Can we assign this to the backend purchasing org? Or should I create a local purchasing org just for this? I try to create the local purchasing group below the backed purchasing org, and in function tab, it give me warning message if I change the system assignment to 'blank' or to local SRM system.

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the solution in below post.

Regards

Sam

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply. I see that your link has solved my question no 1 (I have awarded some points for you). If I can bother you once again, how about the setup of the local purchasing group? Can we assign the local purchasing group to the backend purchasing org? Or should we create local purchasing org and local purchasing group as well and define it above the co.code level?

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just need a organization unit under your root node and assign you PI user (for SOA method) or RFC user (for program method)

Assign all the company codes to this unit and also your product category under extended arritubes.

No need for purchasing group.

Regards

Sam

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

But as per SAP Guide, they said that we should have local purchasing group responsible for this entry channel. That's how I'm a bit confused, as we're in extended classic and actually we dont need local purchasing group.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

What i mentioned works fine for me. Pls try and let me know.

Regards

Sam

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I finally got the system configured and doing test. It appears that you;re correct that no need for local purchasing group to make it works. However I still have to assign the user id for back channel entry directly below company code. When I assign it to the root, though I already have attribute BUK assigned to it, I always end up with error message 'No ship-to adress found' and the PR not going to SRM. When I re-assign the id directly below company code, I got it through to SRM. So in my case, I have made 2 ids for each company code.

Best regards,

John