cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defect recording

Former Member

Hi all,

when ever i do defect recording with F2 its create a notification.i want to do defect recording but system shoud not created automatically.

what configuration required to change?

Regards,

sid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In QCC3-->inspection lot creation >define inspection type->select the inspection type say 01--->remove the "Notification type F2" & save.

Now check..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

in control indicator i removed defect recording in qs23. then i tried its working now.its not creating notification automatically.

now my requirement is on the basis of defect class automatically notification should create.means if defect type is critical it should,if minor defect it should not.

Pls, help to solve.

Thanks & Regards,

sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

iF you have removed F2 notification from above link & then if you are trying to create notification for specific defect class then it not possible.

Assuming that above link is there then in customization of defect class in Qcc0->Quality planning basic data->catalog->define defect class>select defect class say "Critical defect"-->click on radio button Activate Q -notification.

This will not work if you have removed the notification type from inspection type customization.

former_member42743
Active Contributor

You cannot have the notifications created based on the criticalness of the defect.

But what does happen is this.

If you use defects to create notifications than ALL defects willl create a notfication. You can control via configuration if you get one notification per defect, or one notification (with multiple defects) per inspection lot.

If the defect you have choosen is a crtical defect, then the notifcation will be activated. If the defect(s) are non-critical, then the notification will not be activated.

If a notification is activated, then it requires a manual intervention to close the notification. I.e. it will remain open on the worklist until someone goes in, looks at it, and closes it.

If a notification is not activated, then the notification will be automatically closed by the system when the UD is completed.

This allows you collect all your defect data for statstical purposes, but doesn't force you to process every little defect and notfication.

I hope this helps.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fire Fighter,

as you told-

If the defect you have choosen is a crtical defect, then the notifcation will be activated. If the defect(s) are non-critical, then the notification will not be activated.

i need to create with this types.pls suggest me what conf. is required?

sid,

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In config, define the defect classes:

QM>Quality Planning>Basic Data>Catalog>Define Defect Class

Double click on a defect class and another screen pops up. On this screen you can select one of three radio buttons.

Work-flow link

Activate notification

No action

Define one or more defect classes to "activate" notifications.

Then in your selected set catalog of characteristic attributes, (QS51), select, for each "failed" code, select a defect class that is appropriate. Minor defects would use a defect class that does not activate the notification, more major or critical failed codes would use a defect class that activates the notification.

FF