Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users in all clients of a System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know whether a particular user is present in all clients without logging individually to each client.

Is there a report by which i can find users in all clients?..

Thnaks

Fayaz

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fayaz,

you have to check this e.g. on database level.

If you could access data (like user master data) from a different client, then this would be a huge security problem.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

USR02 can give the user details in perticular Client. I dont think we can data in one go for all clients for a perticular user. I am not sure if we can get it with CUA. Download data for USR02 for all clients in an Excel sheet and find the user. Feasible way i can see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The fastest way I know is SM21. The F4 search help for the user is client specified.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi

Julius is correct.

1. Goto -> SM21-> user put (user_id)* -> press F4 example DDIC*, and hit F4. Yes, for other details like validity, locks...etc

2. or Execute SE38->RSUVM05

Edited by: Hari Krishna Prasad kantipudi on Sep 26, 2011 5:53 PM

0 Kudos

Hari has the best answer with RSUVM005

Or a database select

select mandt,bname from sapsr3.usr02 order by bname;

0 Kudos

Note that the report does not show all users as it is intended for license measurement and not existence checks.

SAP*, DDIC, Earlywatch, SAPCPIC and TMSADM are removed (if I remember correctly).

In ERP development systems (or too much authority in production) you can also get the data from any table back into ALV and select mandt specified using the interface function of SE16N.

But SM21 --> F4 is still the fastest IMO.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also try function module USER_EXISTS to check if a user exists in any particular client of the same system.

Thanks

Sandipan