cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We are in ahead of Archiving project in SAP.

I want to know, how I could find size of Database tables under Objects.

For eg . Object MM_EKKO under that there many database table (A068,A081 etc)

I want to know size of that database table.

I know function DB05 and DB02 but it is very time consuming to run one record.

Is there any other table name or any other option to find?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How DB02 is running slow??

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on Sep 26, 2011 12:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DB02 -> Space -> Segments -> Detailed Analysis. Find the tablename under "Segment" name and check the "Size [MB]" column.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Orkun.

Good Morning.

Thanks for providing me the path of DB02.

I have small doubt in my mind, when I verify the output of DB05 and DB02 both are giving me different sum of total.

DB05--Output in bytes and when I convert bytes to MB to match DB02 it does not matches.

Can you share your knowledge on it?

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DB05 calculates "Total number of rows * Requested bytes per row" which is not a physical requirement over the tablespace. This is a simple approach and can be used buffer requirements of the table, for example.

DB02 shows space allocation of the table, over the tablespace. The data is not store raw format when the database write the data to the datafile. It performs some algorithms to save space then writes to the datafile.

Because of this reason the calculations are different between DB02 and DB05.

Best regards,

Orkn Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun

Can you guide me how could I calculate the avg. storage space to be required for certain Tables.

Thanks in advance.

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to DB02 -> Space -> Segments -> Detailed Analysis -> Enter the tablename to the "Segment" -> Under "History" tab -> Under "Months" tab -> Calculate average value of "Chg. Size" of last 12 months.

It will give you the last 12 months activity. So, it means that you will need avg. storage space of the table for next 12 months. Please take into account the conditions such as archiving the data over the table, during the year or data load peaks in the calculation. This is because this may lead you to wrong calculation.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Answers (0)