cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Message field to Response Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a synchcronous scenario, where I have a special requirement that I want to append a Request Message Field in Response Message Structure while sending response to Sender.

Could someone suggest me probable solution, I have come up with using Value mapping table, but I am restricted to use a proxy for dynamic updates to the table??

Regards,

Nipun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you For your all solutions, I resolved my requirement using request response one way bean.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Nipun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nipun how did u achieve this if it is RFC to SOAP scenerio???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also use ABAP mapping in which you can handle this or can try using a Java proxy.

Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can go for either of 2 solutions :

Have the receiver end modify their structure to send this value back in the response. In this case, minimum effort is required in PI.

Or, store the value temporarily in a Ztable in the PI Abap stack. In this case, in the request message map, you need to add thhis value to the table and in the response map, you retrieve the value. You can use the message ID as key in this case to retrieve the correct values.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a synchcronous scenario, where I have a special requirement that I want to append a Request Message Field in Response Message Structure while sending response to Sender.

Perhaps the easiest would to to try to ask the endpoint to modify the response such that it contains the request. Otherwise, you can use a logic such as saving into a table and then retrieve the values for the response message mapping.

Hope this helps,

Mark