cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP4 Upgrade on MSCS Cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are going to start EHP4 upgrade in our production box, which is in MSCS 2 node cluster. We have already completed EHP4 upgrade on our Dev and QA server which are not in cluster env. The EHP4 upgrade in MSCS cluster id bit different then in stand alone servers. So I am doing the below steps- Please let me know whether I am correct-

1. Move all the resources to the primary node where CI is running

2. Using Microsift Failover cluster Management "Pause the 2nd Node where DI is running"

3. Starting the upgrade EHPI tool in the primary node where CI is running

After this all the steps will be similar to the EHP4 upgrade in stand alone system. Am I right?

Please let me know if anything is missing.

Regards,

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not pause NodeB until the downtime phase. This is because the system is changing profile parameters during the installation. Additionally, EhP installation tool is understanding your environment and leading you very well.

I suggest you that at the downtime phase, you stop cluster service on NodeB and continue to your installation. By doing so, the system is not able to switch even if the NodeA is failed.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Orkun,

Before downtime phase there are other steps also (like initialization, extraction, configuration, checks, preprocessing) so during these steps SAP will be stopped by upgrade process and resources will move from node 1 to Node 2. So in this case what we have to do?

Regards,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Orkun,

>

> Before downtime phase there are other steps also (like initialization, extraction, configuration, checks, preprocessing) so during these steps SAP will be stopped by upgrade process and resources will move from node 1 to Node 2. So in this case what we have to do?

>

> Regards,

> Sudip

Hi,

Choose downtime minimized strategy. So, the system will not be down before the downtime.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So I will start EHP4 upgrade on Node 1 (CI installed here) without pausing Node2. And at the Downtime phase I will pause Node 2 and continue installation.

Regards,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. It is correct.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Answers (0)