cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behavior of "Storage parameters" in SE14 under Oracle 11.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I wonder if a table change (Add/Drop field) now supports the COMPRESSION BASIC attribute.

What we did:

1) in Se14: we changed the storage attributes of the table (Range - partitioning) - now we use user-defined attributes

2) on Oracle level: We compressed the existing table

3) Se80: We dropped a column and activate the table

4) table is still compressed

I expected that it gets decompressed during the table recreation (new table -> insert from old table)

But it seems , it recognizes the attribute for the new table creation - despite the fact that the COMPRESS attribute is not shown in SE14 storage information.

It may come from the fact , that we use current DB parameters (since we user-defined the partitioning).

But this implies, that Se14 take these directly from the Oracle data dict. I always thought is uses only the storage attributes shown in Se14.

Unfortunatley, in the activation log further information could not be found.

Can someone shed a light on that?

We use:

SAP_BW 700 SP: 0019

Oracle 11.2.0.2.0

Thanks,

yk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yukon,

please check sapnote #1436352 for complete DDIC support of compression attributes. Maybe you already got the needed SAP_BASIS support package.

The other reason could be, that some set the default tablespace attributes - that's the way we did it to keep the compression in our BW system landscape.

SQL> select TABLESPACE_NAME, DEF_TAB_COMPRESSION, COMPRESS_FOR from dba_tablespaces;

Regards

Stefan