cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have started TDMS copy from Production system to Test system 4 days back. It is still in phase

Is there anyway we can increase performance by changing database or sap parameters?

We have oralce 11G with AIX5.3.

Furthr in the oracle database we have only 10GB space for tempfile and 27GB for UNDO tablespace. We are expecting atlest 400

GB of data to be extracted from Prd client to Test client. Need to know whether the size of temp file and undo space is OK?

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check all the necessary system specific parameter as per the note 890797 (SAP TDMS - required and recommended system settings)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for the reply. These parameters are already set. But still it is slow.

Is there anyway we can tune on tempfile? We have a tempfile of 10GB?

Is there anyway to find big tables and disable there indexes while insertion and enbale these idexes once the activity is completed? Just need to know otherthan parameters what are the ways we can tune it further.

Further to above question, It will be very useful to know how much fress space TDMS Server (i.e. Central, control system) needs? Because we have only 24 GB free in TDMS server and we are expecting around 500GB data into receiver sytem. Is the free space is OK?

Thanks

Deepak

Edited by: deepak.shinde on Sep 26, 2011 10:44 AM

Edited by: deepak.shinde on Sep 26, 2011 10:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Space on TDMS server is just fine.

If you know how to use transaction DTLMON, you may use it to find the tables for which largest amount of data will be transferred and then you may delete all the secondary indexes for those tables in the receiver system and recreate them later. This should help in improving the performance.

Edited by: Pankaj Aggarwal on Sep 26, 2011 2:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for the reply. I am very new to "TDMS". I am not aware how to use this transaction "DTLMON". Is there any SAP Document avaialble for it? I tried to search but not able to find anything which help me to understand. Also in which system i should executed this transaction? When i tried to execute it in the receiver system it asked me for below input

1 .Call MWB monitor for a mass Transfer > in that

Identification

Acess path

2. Call MWB monitor for a subproject

Application

project

subroject

I am not sure what to input in these input parameter.

Further to above question regardign TDMS Server space, So is that mean that the data from sender system will directly go to receiver sysetm not not to TDSM server? Can you please help to understand.

Thanks

Edited by: deepak.shinde on Sep 26, 2011 11:24 AM

0 Kudos

You need to run in Central system.

Access plan 0001

Project: What ever name you gave , you can get it from your menu(CNV_MBT_TDMS)

Package:Currect package number,you can get it from your menu(CNV_MBT_TDMS)