cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is that a big changes for changing IP for SAP in HA Env (Clustering)?

thomas_tancheephong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is that a big changes for changing the SAP servers IP address in HA (Cluster Environment)?

In my understand, if that is not a HA environment we can just change the SAP server from old IP address to a new IP address if the DNS configured fine.

Does anyone have experience of changing IP address in HA environment? Is the Logical IP address has to be changed also?

Would appreciate if anymore can give some guideline for this.

Thanks,

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

never done it before(change cluster physical ip after the system go-live), the cluster config need to be updated again. the hosts file(if i am not mistaken, I have read somewhere that IPs are better configured in each host file rather then DNS to avoid breakdown caused by DNS failure, if this is wrong, please kindly suggest the reason). network setting(if there is).

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

SAP HA is configured mostly on virtual IPs. Hence changing physical IP will not cause much problem to you.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just one additional thing, if you have connections through a firewall or fancy NAT setup then the ip change might need to be done there too. So double check with your net/fw admins.

And schedule a few tests/checks on application side right after the migration, just to make sure the system works.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Don't think it will be a big thing, changing the IP address.

Have a look at Note 403708 - Changing an IP address

It might have some useful information for you.

Kind regards,

Mark

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of cluster configuration you have done ?

Thanks

Sunny

thomas_tancheephong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The we have configured the High Availability scripts for both clusters, any cluster down will automatic fail over to another cluster.

Anyone have this kind of experience before?

Thanks,

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Theorically, you shouldn't face with any problem unless you use IP number instead of hostname, in the configuration steps. In practice, I faced many problems when I change the physical IP number, on the system. Additionally, you may face with a problem at the network switch configurations, also.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik