Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate

srini_vasan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

once in 3 days business analysis & declare the Tank as despatch tank

whenever delivery happened from this tank , system will automatically generate CoA for this tank

Tank analysis is manual inspection lot & how to integrate this results to our CoA during delivery.

we are using only one batch per month but results will vary every time based on product quality

it is continous liquid product.

i hope some expert mapped this kind of req. , please give some inputs

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what your real issue is here?

If you use a manual inspection lot, that part cannot be automated obviously.

I can't gather from your posting all the details of your process. So I have to guess at some. This is what I gather.

1) you use a generic batch number for the month for the bulk tank. You cratea new batch number each month.

2) Every three days you create a manual inspection lot for the tank and reanalyze the batch.

3) You load tankers from the bulk tank. What I don't know is

- Do you create new tanker batch and use that in the delivery papers for the tanker?

- Do you use the generic dispatch bulk tank batch in the delivery papers for the tanker?

If you use the bulk tank batch their should be no problem. The resutls for the COA should be automatically pulled from the bath record of the bulk tank batch. Standard functionality stuff.

If you create a separate tanker truck batch, you need to create a process order to perform the tanker truck filling from the bulk tank. You should have the batch derivation set up so that the bulk tank results are copied to the tanker batch. Then the delivery should have batch values to print from the tanker batch. This is also a pretty standard process.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that your problem is that you do use tanker batches but you don't use process orders to create the tanker batches becasue production feels that it is eaiser to simpy do a batch-to-batch material moverment once the weights from the truck come back. If that is the case, you have an issue to resolve between production and quality. You need to get them to do process orders.

FF

srini_vasan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

thanks for quick response

We have 1 batch for year, no production order for truck filling. So no new batch generation,

Every 3 days one business will declare one storage tank as despatch Tank, lab will do analysis & declare the quality

3days once my storege location will vary, but batch will be same.

No process order, manual inspection lot

Now question is if I am using COA profile with batch class char, my latest analysis result will update....but user wants to have any traceabilty , like regenerate coA with old date, data will be last due to new analysis updated.

If I am using inspection lot for CoA creation, how delivery guy will remember the inspection lot number to generate CoA

that's why I am asking how we can automate this process like once I do delivery how system will pick up correct manual inspection lot results for CoA.

throw some lights...

Thanks

Srini

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Personally, the process you have totally favors production and does almost nothing for quality. The design you are using works against everything SAP is set up to do. You want full traceability but yet you aren't doing the basics to have it.

Since you use one generic batch, then you must be assigning this batch number to the delivery. The data shoud just flow from the generic batch record into the COA. You shouldn't even need to know the inspection lot number. If the COA is set up to be produced directly from the delivery, you should have your basis team set up an optical archive and then you can archive the COA to an optical drive. (This is different then an archive of records and reorg of the database). That is automatically done via the output. Once that is done, if you need to reprint or see what the COA results were you can display and reprint the actual COA that was sent directly from the delivery. It won't be a recreated one using the newest batch data. This is standard SAP functionality. No development needed. But you do need the hardware.

FF

srini_vasan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

really I don't want to one batch /year

Still I am recommending to create new batch or create delivery inspection.

But in business proces, they are declaring Tank for despatch & PP guys don't want to creat pp order for tanker filling. for them no added value (no cost capturing)

My question is if I have manual inspection lot , is't anyway to automate CoA creation (if I assign manual inspection type in coa profile), since batch value will be changed frequently.

Could you please give some more input about optical archieving with Basis help & retrieve the daa

let me know is there any better way to map

thanks

Edited by: Srinivasan11 on Sep 27, 2011 6:23 PM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know the issues you face! Been there, done that. All you can do is recommend. Production should be doing process orders for this. It's not that difficult. There are costs involved in the filing of a truck. They are choosing to ignore them. You should inspect the truck, check the tank for cleanliness, make sure weigh ticket and paperwork is OK, flush hoses and any values, hoses, pull a retained sample, seal truck, add truck seal if needed, drain hoses, etc. etc...

In your scenario I would not recommend type 10 delivery inspections since you don't inspect each, actual truck sample. You test the tank.

As long as you are specifing the dispatch tank batch number into the customer's delivery it shouldn't matter if you are taking the COA values from the batch result or from the 89 inspection lot. Either one should work.

The proplem is that unless you do archiving of the COA you can never regenerate or reprint the COA with any confidence of having the same results. Here are some links that should get you started.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/8d/3e4c45462a11d189000000e8323d3a/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/2d/35138a448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivias,

Please check your certificate profile and setting made in it. check for the following setting in Certificate profile

Accepted lots only check box

Quality score

inspection type

click on the user status

click on the batch entry required

then attached the characteristics

Regards,

JB

srini_vasan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi JB,