cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to decide tax code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Experts!

I'm facing problem how to decide tax code!

Now there is billing document, and condition type for tax is Z100, and it relates to tax code "A1".

How does SAP decide tax code? How can I get tax code?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome to SDN !!! Pl search the forum before posting. It has been discussed already.

In your tax condition record, you have provision to give tax code. From there tax code is being picked up on sales order / invoice. Tax codes are configured in FTXP. Pl refer below threads for more info.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

But I'd like to know how condition type for tax in billing doc is related to tax code.

There are some tax code those relate one country.

How billing doc. decide which one of all?

Thanks in advance!

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For example, if you are maintaining condition record for MWST in VK11, you can't save it without tax code. This is the source for your tax code in billing document. In standard, we won't hardcode it / maintain it manually.

If you click F4 in tax code column of condition record, it will populate all the tax codes from the tax procedure (Let's say TAXUS, if you have given US / DE under dep ctry / destination country key combination).

Every tax code is having tax reporting country assignment in FTXP. Pl let me know if this clarifies.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your reply.

But my client doesn't have condition record, which is set by VK11.

*because my client has 3rd party system for sales, and sales data, such as price and tax, are defined in it and SAP just get value and set at Sales Order by BAPI.

In this case, how tax code is defined?

A1 is set automatically?

Thanks in advance!

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to hardcode the tax code in custom routine assigned to your condition type at the pricing procedure level, in such cases.

You can find the coding of routine attached under CalType column of pricing procedure.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked rourtin PGM, but this condition type doesn't have any routin PGM...

Thank in advance!

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

while maintaining condition record of tax condition type, tax code will be given.Based on the condition record only it will pick the tax code in the billing document

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your reply.

But there are no condition record for condition type of tax, as there are no condition master..

*because my client has 3rd party system for sales, and sales data, such as price and tax, are defined in it and SAP just get value and set at Sales Order by BAPI.

How can I get tax code which is relate to condition type for tax?

Thanks in advance!

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let us know what is the driver program for getting details such as price, tax values from your third party system. You can check with your ABAPer on going through that program with keyword MWSK1. You may find a code.

Also you can explore the following user exits relevant for pricing.

[User exits for price determination|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/14/f62c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm]

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Sales Order is created by FM "SD_SALESDOCUMENT_CREATE".

And I checked all user-exit you mentioned, but there is no what I'm looking for...

And I have to add that, I can't see tax code on Sales Order, but can see on Billing Dou., by looking details about tax condition type on Billing doc.

Thanks in advance!

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As the sales orders are created through your 3rd party system, so check what is the BAPI used for creating the sales order.Also check wheather in the BAPI program, how tax condition type values are getting picked.If the tax code values are not maintained then ask your concerned team to include the tax code values to be picked in the sales order

Regards

Srinath

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to SE11 and go inside table KONV. Select the row with the field MWSK1 and click where used list button on top (CtrlShiftF3). Select all choices and run. It will list down all the programs/ FMs etc. Look for the code related to this field in custom programs especially. Your ABAPer can help you out on this.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you've to send the tax code via the BAPI, the origin of tax codes come from FTXP.

I think the master table in SAP is T007A. However, if you want to fetch data from this table and send in the BAPI..you need to check once because the tax code is per country.

Regards,

Raghu.

Answers (0)