Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXIT the application

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Workflow is sending an email together with URL link of a Z webdunpro application to the user's outlook email inbox.

User will double click it and will navigates to the Z webdynpro app., fine.

Here i need to keep a Button with the label of EXIT, so, when user clicks this button the user has to come out COMPLETELY from the application, meaning, on clicking of this button = closing the BROWSER window by using right top corner's 'X'.

Pls. let me know how to achieve this? wht is the class/method i need to use to let the user come out completely from the window/app?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this discussed many times...

Pelase go through this..

/people/mohammed.anzys/blog/2007/06/05/how-to-close-parent-window-in-webdynpro-applications

Cheers,

Kris.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link

And if you are using application in portal, then you have to use close_window concept.

Regards

Srinivas

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Yup, we are using this webdynpro application in PORTAL, pls. eloborate close_window concept.

closed the current window by firing an Exit output plug (setting input parameter CLOSE_WINDOW = abap_true) in the window where the view is embedded. 

Wht kind of outbound plug i should create, is it EXIT or SUSPEND or Standard?

In which view i should create this out plug? is it in CURRENT view or parent window?

Where should i fire this created plug? is it in Window? is it in the current view?

Wht is the data type of this CLOSE_WINDOW parameter?

In the below blog, author suggesting some other approach, is it also applicable to PORTAL?

Thank you

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

If you just want to close window, use exit plug.

and close_window is string type.

check this link for step by step.

/people/mohammed.anzys/blog/2007/06/05/how-to-close-parent-window-in-webdynpro-applications

still any prblm, let me know.

Regards

Srinivas