SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbilled Revenue Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus!

I am posting this message in both this forum, and in BW forum. Appreciate guidance.

I am trying to extract unbilled revenue data, via extractor 0UC_SALES_SIMU_01 into BW, and not getting any data in the delta queue

This has a ECC component, as you all are aware:

1. Create Simulation Type

2. Create Simulation Periods

3. Create Simulation Indexes

4. Bill Simulation

I have followed all the steps in ECC

I can see simulated billing documents being created in table ERCH (simulation = 2, Document type = BA)

I also see line item data in table DBERCHZ3

In EA22, I can view the simulated document and see Net Amount (NETTOBTR) getting value.

However, nothing gets populated in the delta queue (I did the Init, before I performed any of the ECC steps).

Is there a 'functional reason' (such as there is no unbilled revenue, despite the simulation documents getting created) that can cause this behavior.

I havea very high-level knowledge of unbilled revenue reporting; hence, the post in this forum.

Thank you!!!

-abhi

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

While creating the simulation period id in EAMS20, we specify the Simulation Type.

Simulation Types are defined in SAP IMP -> SAP Utilities -> Contract Billing-> Integration Reporting -> Integration Mass Simulation -> Define Simulation Types.

While defining the Simulation Types please ensure that the Update Mass Simulation Document in BW Indicator is selected, if this indicator is selected, the billing documents created during mass simulation are posted to BW by consumption months.

Regards,

Asit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

I do have the BW checkbox checked in simulation type

I also have the datasource added to 'datasource' sub-dialog.

After I ran the billing indices job, I noticed two 'empty' records were added to the delta queue (no billing doc number, or nothing)

Thanks again for any help!!

-abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify my previous posting:

The datasource '0UC_SALES_SIMU_01' is added to the datasource subdialog, in create simulation types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus -

I am still struggling with this.

I am debugging the program REA_SIMINDICES_BILL.

I see the biiling doc internal tables getting populated, but the internal tables for sending data to BW (and COPA, etc.) are empty.

The simulation type clearly has transfer to BW set, and the datasource is the 0UC_SALES_SIMU_01 datasource defined in the subdialog.

Is there a SAP NOTE that I am missing - we are on ECC 6.0 (IS-U).

Is there ANY functional/technical reason why BW delta Q is not getting populated despite Simulation Docs being generated.

Thanks!!!!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please put a break point at below subroutines in Include LEAUR_IPF04.

perform copy_bw_esta_for_update changing p_runobj p_unit
                                           p_upd_data-ibiw_isu_esta.

* 8. Update BW
  perform update_bw using p_runobj
                          p_unit
                          upd_data-ibiw_isu_esta.

Inside this subroutine, check if Simulation ID and Data Source is passed correctly. If it is, it ideally should fill the data source. Reply if this does not solve your issue.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi - Thanks.

At run time : P_RUNOBJ-TE538_TAB has the correct values, below:

1 400 SIM1 0UC_SALES_SIMU_01

Still, no data transfer.

Thanks very much for additional guidance

-abhi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Data is populated in structure p_unit in subroutine update_bw. Can you please check if data that needs to be updated is populated in the structure. If not, then somewhere before, data is getting deleted because of some issue that needs to be debugged. Also p_runobj-te537 should have Simulation run details populated.

Thanks.

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Ahuja on Oct 11, 2011 1:25 PM