cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

START Failed: FFFFFFFF Start Failed ot No Input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends, We are facing a error which we could not find any solution--It is when we start SAP MMC The error is as "START Failed: FFFFFFFF Start Failed ot No Input : "No Such Device or Address"

This is happening after we have stopped the SAP instances and when we start we are getting this error.There is total 3 instances.Two old and one newly installed..The systems are ECC 6.0WINDOWS2008Oracle 10g

Any help.......Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following SAP note...Hope this will help you..

1186265 - Error: 5307: System error. rsmscl: No such device or address. - Match/Consolidate

Note 546006 - Problems with Oracle due to operating system errors

Regards

Bhuban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...I was able to solve Half of the problem,..we have total 3 ABAP and 1 java instance in windows 2008 server,There are two 10g Db and One 11g..The Environment variable Path has been modifie,..now..2 ABAP instance is working...now, I am facing problem with 1 JAVA instance and 1 ABAP system which is totally down..we have totally 48 GB memory in the system..for the other ABAP system which is NOT starting, the same error Start Failed FFFFF::: I am planning to change some memory parametre in Profile..Hope helps..Can we check how much memory each isntance has consumed.....so that we know if we need to increase physical memory..Thanks for response..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See this below link for the " Measuring Memory Consumption of SAP Application Server ". Hope this will help you..

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/saponsqlserver/archive/2009/03/26/measuring-memory-consumption-of-sap-applic...

Regards

Bhuban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, it is helpfull.We have asked windows to increase Physical memory in the server.Regards!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we increase the Virtual Memory size for the drive where USR folder exist.., earlier there was two system and now total 3 systems..No system is up and running now..Any help..Thanks for your time..