cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC driver (urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are getting the following error message while sending message to the DB;

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Can not establish connection:: SAPClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

The jdbc driver we have deployed is the sqljdbc.jar included on Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0. As a validation, and taking under consideration that the deployment process has finished successfully, we were able to check the existence of the sqljdbc.jar file in: \usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGSXX\j2ee\cluster\bin\ext com.sap.aii.adapter.lib\lib. Please let me know if there is any other check I could to do in order to determine the issue is related to an incorrect sql driver.

The value for the JDBC Driver and Connection parameters are as follows:

com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<IPADRESS>:1433;databaseName=DBNAME

The user we were given has w/r access to all DB table, port 1443 is also open. Any inputs would be most welcome and appreciated.

warm regards,

peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The driver version you are using may not compatible. What is the version of the driver and what is the server that you are connecting to. Also you can try using the open source jTDS driver from http://jtds.sourceforge.net/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but i found my failure. See below;

20. ClassNotFoundException while using SQL Server 2005 Driver

Q: I am not able to connect to DB using SQL Server 2005 driver if I use com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver as driver class name. I get classNotFoundException. Why?

A: Driver class names for SQL Server 2000 driver and SQL Server 2005 driver are different.

If you are using SQL Server 2005 driver, then class name should be as follows:

Driver class: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc. SQLServerDriver

URL :jdbc:sqlserver://<db_Server>:port;databaseName=< db_name>

If you are using SQL Server 2000 driver , then class name should be as follows:

Driver class: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver. SQLServerDriver

and URL is as follows:

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<db_server>:port; databaseName=<db_name>

SAP NOTE: 831162

Warm Regards,

Peter

Answers (0)