cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables in Catalogue Items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm new to SRM Catalog Content Management. We are currently using CCM 2.0 with SRM 5.0.

Out catalog is uploaded using ECC contracts.

1. I would like to check what are the main table storing the Product ID and Product information for CCM?

2. Is there any link to material master and how are they related or link?

3. When I create a Shopping Cart with the catalog item, the product guid is it based on the catalog product guid and which is the table keeping the catalog product guid?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Wei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wei,

1. I would like to check what are the main table storing the Product ID and Product information for CCM?

CCM uses cluster tables for maintenance of the product data so no one table exists with all content data, the main tables associated with the item data are:

/CCM/D_ITM Table for Catalog Item Header Data

/CCM/D_ITM_H Table for History of Catalog Item Header D

/CCM/D_ITM_ITM_R Table of Catalog Item - Catalog Item Relat

/CCM/D_ITM_PU

/CCM/D_ITM_PUH

/CCM/D_ITM_TXT Short Descriptive Texts for Catalog Items

/CCM/D_ITM_TXT_H Table for Short Descriptions (Catalog Item

i.e. in the table /CCM/D_ITM you will find an internal GUID or context which can be used in the table /CCM/D_ITM_TXT to get the item description, just be careful that the correct GUID is used, i.e. the 2nd, context guid.

2. Is there any link to material master and how are they related or link?

No - there is no explicit link to master data from the CCM side, any link will be through SRM, i.e. if you pass an MATNR from ther catalog to SRM, then the product is normally validated in SRM or in the conencted ECC dependent on catalog customizing. (i.e. the flag, 'Do not check product', this flag means if selected, the check is not done LOCALLY, in SRM, but is initiated in a connected ECC system.)

3. When I create a Shopping Cart with the catalog item, the product guid is it based on the catalog product guid and which is the table keeping the catalog product guid?

I do not understand the statement, ' the product guid is it based on the catalog product guid '. The catalog does not pass a product GUID, it passes a material number, which can get if required a product guid from the table comm_product once the item is checked during the OCI transfer.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Good to see your reply for this thread.

Can you please share us CCM process about schema and characterstic assignment/maping and some trouble shooting CCM issues.

Appreciate your inputs.

Many Thanks,

Venkat

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

What exactly are you looking for? A troubleshooting guide as part of my response here could be very long

How about the CCM Cookbook? It contains some great tips and tricks as well as invaluable information on configuring the PI scenario for XML upload.

Also the SAP Help for CCM is quite thourough and well written. It does not go into too much detail in terms of troubleshooting but it is nevertheless a good guide.

I intend to update the Wiki soon with generic troubleshooting guides and details of the use of the CCM support reports, maybe once these are done it will help, but if there is something specific which you need let me know.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the information. It's really useful.

For my question 3, maybe let me paint the scenario.

1. I create a SC by selecting a product from the catalog.

2. In my crmd_orderadm_i table, there will be a product guid right? And this product guid is from the comm_product table?

The reason I'm asking this is because, our users actually requested us to cleanup the catalog by doing physical delete of the catalog items. Hence, I'm not sure what will be the impact if I've SC created with the catalog items which will be deleted.

Also, I'm trying to find out is there any standard programs or function modules to physical delete the catalog items. Do let me know if you know of such programs as well.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

For our customizing attributes in the characteristic, is there any tables that will store the values for the catalog items?

Or what is the method to retrieve the catalog's item attribute?

Thanks!

Regards,

Wei