Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am a new user.

I tried to install SAPinstGUI.exe after installing Sapinst.exe.

Sapinst.exe is successfully installed.

if i try to install SAPinstgui.exe, then i get problem.

After starting the SAPInstGUI.exe;

Host: localhost

Port 21212

Checkbox for "Connect via SAP Router is not selected"

Then i press on "Log on"

it doesn't work.

(icon in sapmmc is green. Processlist icon is green too. in AS ABAP WP TABLE ; everything has Startstatus.)

I would be appreciated, if you can inform me about that.

Thanks,

P.S. is it possible to upload some screenshots in this forum?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oezguer,

Do you mean SAPGUISETUP.EXE?

If you have SAPGUI installed, you should also have a link to a programm called "SAPLOGON" on your desktop. Starting SAPLOGON will allow you to define connections to SAP Systems.

However, if you have installed the trial version on a sole machine, you have to make sure that the windows loopback adapter is properly installed? Also you need to make sure that the "localhost" entry in the "hosts" file points to the IP Adress you configured in the loopback adapter. If you installed the trial version from sdn, pls. refer to the docs that come with it!

Good luck

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus and Database SAP,

Thank you for your Answers.

it worked after i installed "SAP_GUI_for_Windows_7.20_PL3_CORE_Components.exe"

After that, i got log-on icon on the Desktop.

From Start.htm i read what i should do.

But i have another Problem now :

if i want to create a new Program, then i get the Message: " You are not registed as Developer, please register OSS (Online Service System to get an Access Code " i gave that: "29671482393151224771" and "07222097363139263004" from start.htm.

I don't know where i can find this OSS to get an Access Code. can you inform me, please?

Thank you

P.S. i use the trial version. Do ist cost, if i get Access Code from OSS?

Edited by: Oezguer on Sep 26, 2011 10:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

OSS is SAP service marketplace website (service.sap.com). I am not sure for the trial version documentation but for normal customer contract allow us to 'Register' a developer at service.sap.com for a particular installation number for a customer sap landscape.

'i gave that: "29671482393151224771" and "07222097363139263004" from start.htm'

I guess this is the 'developer key' which has already been provided with trail version installation ? Then in that case, this developer key should be corresponding to some 'specific' userid (most probably). I tell you this just because of the fact that in normal customer contracted sap installation, we register a developer (particular user id) w.r.t it's SAP system userid and that key is unique to that sap userid for that particular installation number in the landscape.

So may be you are not using that specific userid to create a new program.

'P.S. i use the trial version. Do ist cost, if i get Access Code from OSS?'

Not sure, I would wait for other techies to help us here on this point. Or you go through the trail version documentation once more.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oezguer ,

as you mentioned, it is the trial version your are using. So the user for development tasks has to be BCUSER as this is the only registered development user for the trial installation. The development key is provided within the documentation (start.html)

Cheers

MA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DatabaseSAP and Markus,

I can logon as BCUSER but the Developerkey from Start.htm doesn't function. How can i can delete all users and create BCUSER again. Perhabs, i changed someting wrongly in Userfield. Therefore, it would be (maybe) better, if i would delete BCUSER and try to give Developkey from Start.htm.

Additionally, i use trialversion. Where can i check until which date it is valid?

Thank you for your helps dear friends.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto transaction code SU01. From here you can delete existing users and create new ones.

Think the preview version should be valid for 90 days since the day of installation.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as mentioned, you can recreate úsers in SU01.

However, read the maual carefully. There are two keys provided with the trial version. One is valid before you install a new license key, the other one after you have installed a key. One of both should work anyway.

Have you made any changes to the BCUSER?

Regarding the licensing question, check transactioncode SLICENSE for this. The trial version comes preconfigured with a 90 days license that can ongoing be extended on a 3 months basis.

Good luck

MA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i recreated the BCUSER after i deleted it. However, it doesn't work with Developer Key from Start.htm (Start.htm is in the File of Trial version SAP Netweaver 7.2 for Installation)

I don't know what i did false. i can log on System. If i want to create a Program with Name, which begins with Z; For example: "Z_Hello"), , then it requires developer key.

For 8 Days i have been busy with that and it doesn't work. The Validity time of Trialversion goes to end, althrough i can use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oezguer,

don't worry, problems like this are very natural when you start working with the system, it takes some time to get acquainted Keep in mind, that you can allways re-install the system if you run into massive problems. As mentioned earlier, the license period is no problem, you can extend it easily!

Now, got to TC SE11 and check the entries in table DEVACCESS. There must be an entry with the key for BCUSER. Copy it, go to SE80 or wherever you make your development and enter the key into the requested field.

Good luck

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We got to see a latest thread for license key for BCUSER, may be helpful here ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

i logged into Devaccess. There i could'nt see any Key for Developer. I just saw 2 Fields for " UNAME" and "ACCESSKEY" (as Primary Key [ Thus; with underline] )

They don't contain any Developerkey. I haven't also seen BCUSER there.

Do you have another idea for it?

Thanks

P.S. @DatabaseSAP: The sent Link for that Topic contains the Key, which i copied and pasted from Start.htm to this topic.

Edited by: Oezguer on Oct 1, 2011 11:37 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Oezguer,

You have to fill out the form on the site http://www.sap.com/minisap to obtain a valid license key if you want to develop the progams. After getting the license key, you will install it and your sap system will be ready for developing.

Enjoy your sap system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tchounkeu,

Thank you for your answer.

Must i pay something for it or is it free?

Edited by: Oezguer on Oct 4, 2011 12:14 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Oezguer,

It's a free license for 90 days for the developers, and each 3 months you will ask for a new license. You dont have to pay anything if you install trial version on your personal computer for personal use

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oezguer,

okay, if there is no entry in DEVACCESS, there is no development user registered.

It is dificult to asert from here, what you might have made wrong. What I would suggest, is that you request and install a new license key. After this, the 29671482393151224771 development key should work. If not, I suppose you made severe changes to the system and a reinstallation might be best to get a clean starting point. As mentioned earlier, the keys provided with the trial version should work!

Greetings

MA

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

that means that the installation is not correctly completed.right?

Edited by: Oezguer on Sep 26, 2011 10:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you trying to install SAPGui frontend program so that you can logon to newly installed SAP ?

If yes then Which DVD you are using to install sapgui ? It should be different than the 'SAP Installation Master DVD'.

Go to service.sap.swdc - installation and upgrades - my company application components - sap gui for windows, there you will find the SAPgui DVD

Thanks