Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit tolarance

mahesh_b
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Please help me to resolve follwing issue.

My client reqiuirement is system should allow the sales order even if credit limit has been excedded by additional 10% .

For example: If the customer credit limit is 10,000 INR then system should not block the delivery upto 11000 INR.

Please let me know the configuration to achieve this.

I have already tested by changing the seasonal factor and deviation filed in OVA8 but it didnt work. I have entered 10 % in seasonal factor but still after 10001 system block the delivery.Please let me know if any additinal configuration is to be done besides this.

Thanks and Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Adding the the percentage in seasonal factor settings, will work. This is for sure. You can check this by following the below steps in your sand box or test system.

1. Remove 10% seasonal factor in OVA8 screen save and create order. Sysetm evaluates credit check for example Static/ Dynamic and gives a message Static/ Dynamic check is exceeded by XXXX amount. Don't save the order. Just make a note of the value by which credit is exceeded.

2. Add 10% sesasonal discount in OVA8 screen and save and then create order. Sysetm evaluates credit check for example Static/ Dynamic and gives a message Static/ Dynamic check is exceeded by YYYY amount. Make a note of the amount by which credit is exceeded.

If you observe the above values (XXXX and YYYY), when seasonal discount is given customer is entitiled for greater discount and hence the value will be small than when he is not entitiled for the seasonal discount.

This clearly explains that customer is given the mentioned 10% discount.

To answer your question why you are getting the credit block though you have given the 10% additional excemption is your sales order net value is greater than available credit limit + 10% seasonal factor value

Try creating an order whose net value is less than customer credit limit + 10% seasonal factor value (above case) you will not get any credit credit limit exceeded message.

Hope this explains your question

Edited by: mokirala tilak on Sep 26, 2011 4:29 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh7

Just now i have tried in my system it is working fine.

It can be achieved through credit limit seasonal factors, in that give the percentage amount how much credit should be increased or decreased, this can be achieved through the "-" indicator. Give the validity periods.

If credit limit is "10000" , % is 50 and indicator is not activated then system will allow you to take until 15000 rupees credit.

If the indicator flagged system will block the customer if he reached 5000 rupees.

Deviation percentage and days will not work, since it will work only blocked documents which are released.

Before doing this make sure no open items are existed for this particular customer.

First try with a new customer and see the result.

Let me know the result

Have a nice day

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

try using the field in OVA8 Released documents are still unchecked

for deviation & number of days