cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilevel block planning with Configure to Order with Propagatiou200Bn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have one question on Multilevel block planning with Configure to Order with Propagation​ scenario.

Here is the scenario:

Block planning scope is for Two plants.

1. Plant A - where FG are produced with following characteristics

Product Family Group

Weight per Meter Kg/m

Grade

length

2. Plant B where SFG are produced with below characteristics

Format Type

Profile Dimension

length

Grade

Now the requirement is after production planning run on FG the planned orders are created on plant A resource (for which blocks with relevant characteristics already crated) and dependent demand is generated for SFG and which are produced on Plant B resource(for this also blocks with relevant characteristics already crated)

The characteristics values of Grade and lenght are coming from plant A planned order to Plant B dependent demand,however the values of plant B Format type and Profile Dimension are not coming from Plant A planned orders.

The requirement is to generate Plant B dependent demand with all plant B characteristics and once planning run happens in Plant B dependent demand the correspond planned orders should occupy relevant blocks on Plant B resource.

Note: PDS are been maintained for FG with one SFG as BOM component (for this SFG the dependent demand is created)

It is kind of multilevel block planning scenario with "Configure - to - Order with Propagation" scenario

Kindly let me know any one of you have worked on these kind of scenario and how to handle this.

Thanks in advance,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much Santhosh.

Your information was really helpful.

I have awarded you points.

Best Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

It is possible. We have done similar scenario in one of the project. You need to use Badi /SAPAPO/ RRP_USEX_PLORD_CREATE . With this badi you need to modify charcterstic of STR(stock transfer request) in the requirements tab to get required details.

Only thing with multilevel block planning we faced some problems some times commited delivery date was not accurate we use to adjust this manually. This with SCM 5.1

For SCM 7.0 there is Macro for charcteristic propogation. Donot have much idea about that.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Thanks much for your reply. I feel this is very valuable information to meet our requirements.

I will test this with mentioned BADI and let you know.

I will ask related queries if i face any upon testing.

Best Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Can you please provide me some detailed steps on how to implement this BADI u201C/SAPAPO/ RRP_USEX_PLORD_CREATE" for characteristics propagation to meet our mentioned requirement.

Note : We are using SCM 7.0

Thanks,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Name of the badi is /SAPAPO/RRP_SRC_EXIT in this method RRP_USEX_PLORD_CREATE needs to be used.

There sample coding given by SAP in best practices for flat steel. I think there is SAP note available for this.

Rightnow I donot have details. You can use this sample coding to implement your logic.

Regards,

Santosh