cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock shortage and DO

Former Member
0 Kudos

When making a DO (delivery order), the delivery quantity and the open item fields remain equal even if the stock is lower than the requested number of material.

See image: http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h336/809836724/sd/delivyissuesept232011.jpg

In that image, I have 20,000 on both deliv qty and open qty.

But the available stock is just 15,000 so it means the "deliv qty" should be 15,000 and the open qty should be 5,000.

The warning about the stock level (usually appears at the very bottom of the page) did not come up.

Another problem is that, I was able to save the DO with no warning at all even if there is shortage of stock.

How can I resolve this? Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anwar 2012

I think there is enough stock in the plant which is determined in the sales order, please check it.

The open quantity is always equal to the delivery quantity; the open quantity includes the delivery quantity in the delivery that you are currently processing.

Please let me know what the conformed order quantity is in sales order.

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Noel

Are you referring to the "stock determination rule"?

this is my setting after checking TAN on 0vlp : http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h336/809836724/sd/stockdetrulesept302011.jpg

@mziatam

what tcode should I use to check delivery item category level. I am sorry. I am new to SD.

@Ragavendra

I am pretty sure there is no enough stock because our MM person confirmed it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure of transaction code. However, you can reach the screen through below menu path.

IMG --- sales and distribution --- basic functions --- availability check and transfer of requirements --- availability check --- availability check with ATP logic or against planning --- Determine procedure for each delivery item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

^^

thank you for that.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Check that an availability check is actually being executed. It may be turned off in transaction 0VLP for the relevant item category (In your screenshot, it is TAN).

2) Ensure that you do indeed only 15 available. You check this in CO09. Enter the material number (11000174), Plant (Cant see it on your screenshot), and Checking Rule "B". Checking Rule B is the default checking rule used for deliveries (Assuming you are not using special stocks etc.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if the availability check is switched off at delivery item category level. If so, then you have to activate it.