cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get white screen/blank screen error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

We have a developed a webdynpro applicaiton and have a naming convention 'https://xyz.com' (web address not revealed as it is confidential). It will connect to a server in background and the contents are displayed. When we working on the WD application, if the screen is idle for 5 or 6 mins and again if we navigate to the WD application, we get a blank screen/white screen(no error message displayed and there is no contents in the screen except the inter explorer menu bar). We have to refresh the application to go back to the applicaiton. Due to this there is loss of data and causes inconvinience to the users.

The maximum wait time maintained for the corresponding system is maintained as 30 mins in background. Also this error is intermitent and does not happen regularly. But if we give the server id - example https://abc444.com, we never face the balnk screen error.

Please suggest us if any settings needs to be done.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like the OP is using a proxy between the client and SAP. Proxies have several timeouts, this could be the idle timeout which at least on Citrix NetScaler defaults to 180 seconds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was actually wondering if this could be related to the ICM keep alive timeout which is usually defaulted to 90 seconds.  I've seen several posts on the ABAP WebDynpro white screens, but most of them seem to go unanswered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming I understood correctly the original message, the problem doesn't occur if he bypasses the proxy so ICM settings are not to blame. But this is all speculation since the original message is missing some important information.

If you are having a problem with the keepalive functionality you could use HTTPwatch or similar to make sure. In case of keepalive timeout, there should be a reconnect. Not all browsers support reconnect so that might actually cause problems. Keepalive is used to keep the otherwise stateless HTTP(S) connections open for increased performance since there is always a delay involved in opening a new connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm experiencing the same issue and the proxy is bypassed with a direct route to the application server.  The problem with using httpwatch is the issue may or may not occur.  In fact, out of 50 daily unique users of the application, one person per day seems to report the issue.  So we never know where/when the issue will show its head.  But it definitely occurs and I think it is related to a timeout somewhere...  Just not sure where.   I have seen this issue before, but becasue it was so seldom to occur, the clients chose to live with the problem.  I'd like to get to the bottom of it.  The problem is there is not a set pattern and the issue cannot be duplicated - it just happens when it happens..

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can afford the CPU and disk usage, setup Wireshark on the SAP server(s) in capture mode. Limit the trace to the ICM port(s). You can either try to locate the error with filters in Wireshark on a daily basis or wait for a user to report and then go back to the Wireshark trace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to capture this information from httpwatch (occurred when the white screen occurred).  ERROR_INTERNET_INCORRECT_HANDLE_STATE

Note: I did the same process about 200 times before this error occurred and the white screen occurred.  i'm about to research this little beauty..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thought I'd update this issue with the fix information.  Yes there is a fix to the mysterious "White Screen" which occasionally rears itself in Abap WebDynpro applications for no apparent reason and has the following error: ERROR_INTERNET_INCORRECT_HANDLE_STATE (captured using a tool like HTTPWATCH).

Correction Information:

Implement: SAP Note 1848822

Implement: SAP Note 1848893

Run Report Program: WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES and "Force Mime Deployment"

In Transaction SMICM, Invalidate the Server Cache Globally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Philip Johnston,

Did you got the root cause of the issue? I am also facing the similar issue and still looking for a fix,

this is so sporadic  that i am unable to replicare it in a particular pattern but it still exists.

it will be really helpful if you can share the solution( if any).

-sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction Information:

Run Report Program: WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES and "Force Mime Deployment"

In Transaction SMICM, Invalidate the Server Cache Globally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Philip for replying

below notes are not valid for my release- as i am on ECC6.0 EHP 5 (SAP_BASIS :Release :702 level:10)

trying the other 2 options.

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

do we need to -

1 .Run Report Program: WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES and "Force Mime Deployment"

2. In Transaction SMICM, Invalidate the Server Cache Globally

every time we move the changes corresponding to the Webdynpro Application in to production?

as we started getting the white screen issue again after few days, since these issue are sporadic so i am not sure 100% if the above steps have helped us.

Regards

Sid J.