cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer a closed PO version to Back End?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

We have an issue where in the PO has 3 change versions, The Version 2 is closed and the user wants us to transfer this closed PO to the back-end system.

Now, We want to know if a closed PO can be transferred to the back-end system or not, IF yes , How?

Please Advice.

Version SRM 4.0

Technical Scenario ECS

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Pratap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me try to understand your situation first. If you look at the PO via transaction BBP_PD, in the "Versions" section, do you see the following:

Version Type                 Version Number          Closed 
Active                           3                                  
Change                          C1                     X
Change                          C2                     X
Change                          C3                                 
Historical                       1              
Historical                       2

If this is the case, display your latest change document C3 (you should go into the unclosed change document by searching through POWL and verify on header panel with wording "Change Document") and delete it (with "Delete" button). By doing this, you close up change document 3. Now you can run the FM BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC with the GUID of the active document. This document should contain the changes in your C2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay Yang,

The one that you have shown is right but there is no c3, its only C1 & C2 thats are present. and the PO value at the header level of C2 matches with that of the SC in EB. The price in the Active Version 3 is getting updated (which happens normally) . But the price in C2 should be updated instead of the price in Version 3.

Also, I have check that the price in Historical Version 2 is same as the price in C2. So, would it be right to take the GUID of the histortcal version and transfer it to the backend?

Please advice.

Thank you Jay !

Former Member
0 Kudos

The price in the Active Version 3 is getting updated (which happens normally) .

How did this happen?

Also, I have check that the price in Historical Version 2 is same as the price in C2. So, would it be right to take the GUID of the histortcal version and transfer it to the backend?

No. I would not recommend that.

When you closely examine Active document 3, and only the price is wrong, what you can do is to change it manually and (re)order the PO again. This process should update the PO price in the backend ECC system. But first, you have to find out why the price was changed in your active document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding, what ever changes made to the SRM PO will be replicated in the Backend PO also. So, the price in the active version will be replicated to the Back-end also. Here the Version 3 being the active version, so the price that is given in this will be replicated to the backend also.

The user for some reasons has changed the PO again and again and finally wants the price in the Version 2 to be updated in the Back-end system .

And Thank You Yang for your kind support.

Answers (0)