cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Specification's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru's

can any one tell me what is the Material Specification's and related settings, already i have fallow the some SDN thread's & help.SAP.com text but i don't understand clearly, can you show me the clear picher about this.

thank's in advance.

narendra.ch

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

f you set indicator "Inspection with mat spec", you must maintain the material specification for the inspection to be performed.(QS61)

Material specs,it is alternative to Inspection plan.Unlike inspection plan ,only MIC that can be used in the material specs.No DMR or inspection points etc can be used.At the same time major difference between a inspection plan & material specs is ,IP is created at plant level whereas MS is not plant specific.That means once created can be used for all plants.

I hope this will add some value

Also Refer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

In QM Material master if u set indicator inspection with material specification the u have to maintain it via QS61this is alternative to inspection plan u can use either mat specification or plan for inspection

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanksu2019 to every one for your help full replays.

narendra.ch

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually you can use BOTH insepct with material spec and inspect with task list in combination with each other. That allows referenced (not copied or incomplete copy models) characteristics to derive their specification values from the batch class directly, or frrom the values matained in the class view of the material master. You can then also use all the features of the inspection plans, including DMR, physical samples. You can not use multiple specificaions or dependent specifications functions of inspection plans however as you cannot usse referenced MIC's with those.

This can have some significant advantages depending on your business and design.

FF