cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling parent's view inbound plug from modal window?

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a window A with a view ("the parent") that calls another window B as a modal one. This window B uses own buttons for actions, no standard ones (OK, Yes, No ...). The problem is that the actions in window B are changing the content in window A. I want that after closing the modal window B a specific inbound plug of the view of the other window A is called (where a refreshing mechanism is available). How to do that? I tried with the - at other posts - suggested method of exit-plugs, but that didn't work (because outbound and requested inbound plug belong to different windows ???).

Thanks for your help,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can subscribe to the close window event in your parent view and handle the data sync there.

See SET_ON_CLOSE_ACTION method if_wd_window

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply. My problem was that in my popup window no standard buttons are available, so that the SET_ON_CLOSE_ACTION can't be used (cf. documentation it only works with the CANCEL-Button). But with this hint I was able to find another solution (which was by the way explained in another thread answered by you 8-) 😞 I have to create an event in the component controller and fire this event from my window B. Then I have to subscribe a method of window/view A to that event which does the required refreshing. [;.

Best regards,

Alexander

vishesh_malik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I am not sure about your requirement but if you want to perform some action in window B and then want to return to window A again the you should use Pop-Up and after performing required action you can come back to your original window after click on that particular button.

If your requirement is something else then please elaborate a bit more.

Thanks,

Vishesh