cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external activity and service activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a very basic question. How often a external activity is uniquely used that cannot be covered by an service activity. My point is that is there a business case that cannot be taken care of by service activity. External processing activity is actually a service received from a vendor, extra thing is some goods movement perhaps? Can anybody give an clear explanation of how these two are different and what difference does that make to a project.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will go for service activity if I want to go for 2 step GR - Entry and acceptance. Apart from that we can maintain standard service specifications which can easily incorporated. Apart from these points I feel its same as external activity.

Regards

Shrikant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

external activity represents the work done by external agency it could be material or service. if it is service better to user service specifications (or create a control key for service activity, as it wont be available in standard) .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whereas external activity allows you to procure only one specified service, a service activity enables you to plan and procure several services and to enter data for services that has not yet been specified in detail. For this purpose you must create service specifications when creating a service activity (do search on service specification further).

This is the major difference, the rest remaining the same.

Regards,

Ammar