cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.0.1 - Android Emulator connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to follow the tutorial to create a workflow application in SUP version 2.0.1.

I created the workflow and have generated the mobile workflow package and then in the SCC i have added a device and in the Android Emulator (version 2.3.3) i have put the settings as described but i don't see any messages or workflows in the Sybase workflows app in the emulator.

Also what URL prefix is used in the settings of the workflow app in the emulator.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is client initiated. The client initiated workflow will appear uner workflows - not messages. I also tried to send a test notification from the flow design and I did not yet see the message in the emulator. I will check the log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check in SCC to see if this device is online?

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it client-initiated, server-initiated or both? If it is only server-initiated, you won't see anything until you send a notification.

Have you checked device-side log via Show Log to see what messages are in there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using as the server name 'localhost@localhost' . Suppy the user/password established for the user in the SCC. Let the rest of the parameters default in the sybase connection settings of the emulator.

It's working for me now after having the same problem that you were having.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse me, Maurice; the server name localhost@localhost doesn't work. Workflow configuration on an android emulator requires an IP address (why?I don't know). For this reason I set first my ip obtained from 'ipconfig' command (yeeaaah, it works fine!! but...not very efficient, because I have to change this value everytime); So, I thought: mmm...I set  '127.0.0.1' in field server... but it doesn't work. Finally, I found the answer: a typical mistake on android emulator is thinking that the localhost address of our SUP server (on local installations) is the typical loopback address. It is wrong: the loopback points to the own emulator! So, if you want to do right, you have to use the '10.0.2.2' address, which is the real loopback ip of the MACHINE in which you are running the emulator.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

i have installed .apk files to my android emulator.

i can see the workflow icon.

i have set the password. and given the workflow setting details

but when i am chcking the log:

where i am doing wrong?

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jitendra,

Do u succeded to connect?, we are also facing same problem. how u resolved it?

could u please share, if possile. we are using sup2.2

Thanks

Suresh

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are registering the user in the SCC give private IP instead of hostname/public IP. In the device also same details and connect. It would work.

-Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I passed ip address of sup server.

and it worked.

Regards,

Jitendra

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

One way to help trace down connection problems is to open the device's browser and attempt to connect to the SUP server.

http://ip_addresss_of_sup_server:5001

I believe you will either see a white screen or a login screen if the connection succeeds.  If it does not, perhaps there is a firewall or something blocking access between the device and the SUP server.

If it does work, try resetting the Hybrid Web Container under Android > Settings > Apps > Hybrid Web Container > Clear Data.  Also delete the connection in SCC (Applications > Application Connections).  Then re-enter the settings in SCC and in the settings screen of the Hybrid Web Container.

For security reasons, the settings of the Hybrid Web Container cannot be changed once they are initially entered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

In log i am getting "Bad User name or Code" error.

I register in scc as follows,

in security-> application

1.register for application

user:android-2

templet:default

Application id:HWC

security confuguration:admin

activation code:123

and in my android emulator

server name: sybase ip address

port:5001

user name:android-2

activation code:123

and save, then we are getting the log as "Bad User name or Code".

Did anything wrong i did.

Note: we are not using relay server.

Thanks in advance.....

Thanks

Suresh

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow the above. Don't select the app ID as HWC. Give IP address.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun, Jitendra

Thanks a lot... It helped me. ...Now emulator is connected.

I have 1 more question.

1. We are controlling the data to be displayed from SAP, based on user name.

i developed one application and at the time of deployment to SUP in the step "Server connection mapping" i gave my connection settings ( my user name and password "sureshb")

Now in SUP i created 2 user ( one is my sureshb, other is askhara ). We both can able to search in two different emulators, but both are getting "sureshb" authorized data as output.

How to control this.

My requirment is ashkhar has to see his authorized data only.

Thanks in advance.

Sureshb