cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRTOOLS not connecting to Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BRTOOLS 7.20(16) is not getting connected to Oracle11g(11.2.0.1) using the default password.I have to explicitly provide the Oracle SYSTEM ID and password. How ever orasid is able to execute sqlplus / as sysdba.

Means No OS level authorization problem appears. Please suggest. Its a ECC6.0 system with Oracle11g running on Solaris5.10.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The fact that you can connect with / AS SYSDBA does not say anything about the SYSTEM user and password. With "/ AS SYSDBA" your Oracle user is SYS, not SYSTEM. If the SYSTEM user does not have the default password (and it shouldn't have!) then there are two solutions: either use "brconnect system/password", which is what you do but is very unsafe because anyone doing a "ps" will see the password in clear text; or create the user OPS$ORA<sid> with the proper roles and use "brconnect -u /" (empty user, empty password). Example ("SID" = database name):

sqlplus / as sysdba
create user OPS$ORA<SID> identified externally 
     default tablespace PSAPSR3 temporary tablespace PSAPTEMP;
grant connect, resource, sapdba to OPS$ORA<SID>;
exit

# Now to run any BR tool:
su - ora<sid>
brtools -u /

If the SAPDBA role does not exist you have to run the script "sapdba_role.sql" first (to be found in /sapmnt/<SID>/exe. Alternatively you can also grant the full DBA role.

Hope this helps,

Mark

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Additionally please check whether the source schema and target schema for the database is mantained same in the evironment variables.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for our reply. I have solved the problem. The OPS$ORASID user wasn't had the connect role.

I assigned the same and it started working. Thanks all for your response.

Regards,

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Could you provide the full trace here? I am asking in order to be at the safe side that did you executed "saproot.sh"?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do i really need to execute saproot.sh after BRTOOLS upgrade ?? I haven't executed it before system refresh and it was working fine.I am facing issue only after system refresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> Do i really need to execute saproot.sh after BRTOOLS upgrade ?? I haven't executed it before system refresh and it was working fine.I am facing issue only after system refresh.

Hi,

This command set the permission of brtools. Because of this, you need to execute this command after updated brtools.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BRTOOLS was working fine after upgrade to 7.20(16). It started giving error only after the system refresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide the full trace, here?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member213250
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sahshi

Hope you have resolved your issue, if BRTOOLs still not in fully fucntion, please provide in the error logs

either from DB13 or from DB14 .

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you change the password for user SYSTEM recently ? (However, I still doubt if it should have any impact on brtools, we also used to reset the password every 3 months and brtools used to work fine).

Anyhow, I would say let's try to reset the password once more for SYSTEM using brtools (brconnect) itself. You try the command mentioned by Eric

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually we had performed system refresh in the system. We upgraded the BRTOOLS just one week prior to system refresh.

Everything was working fine before refresh but after refresh i found that BRTOOLS is not working. We have OPS$SIDADM and OPS$ORASID users in refreshed database. R3trans is working fine. We have tried to correct the error by changing the password for SYSTEM user but didn't worked.