cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task and Subtasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have requirement like we want to split hours merntioned at task level to below level sutasks. User defines some 100 hrs at tasks and another user split that task in subtasks to distribute those 100 hrs. Now here if I use With summary option in project type, system is not allowing to split Task in subtasks since hours are already mainatained for the task.

Without summary option I am not getting summarization of hours at task level.

How to resolve this ... is there any way, by which we can all allow subtask creation even though hours are mentioned at task level with 'with summary option' or any other way to achieve the requirement.

Thanks

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

What you describe is the standard behavior for the 2 types.

I don't think it's possible to change that without a significant enhancement in the system design.

But I've question: why do you want to use "summary task" if your need is to create subtask for the work by keeping the workload at a different level? What is your need behind?

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Mattias,

there is need to create task heirarchy. There are different users who mention planned hours at top level and tt below level another users create actual execution subtask. Hours are needed to distribute there and resource allocation needs to happen at below subtask.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the best would be to secure in your process that no hours can be input at a father node level, to avoid any misunderstanding and side-effects.

If you really want to keep that possibility, you could enhance standard method to allow the subtask creation thanks to enhancement framework, but then you will have to answer the question: which will be the master for the workload calculation?

In your sample case: would the 100hrs be erased by the subtask aggregation? Or?

Matthias