cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process Monitering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My company has decided to implement BPM (Business Process Monitering). Can we implement BPM for the Template Project.

What is the difference between "Solution" and "Template project"? Please provide me helpful answers.

Thanks in advance,

Sreekala.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala

In Solution Manager, we have 2 different areas. One is project and another one is solution.

In both area, we can maintain business process. And we can also copy existing business process from different sources

(Business Process Repository, Project, Solution).

<Project is more used for implementation and test scenario. Operation is used for operation scenario like busines process monitoring>

So if you have something in project side (template project), you can copy existing processes into solution. And then

you can configure business process monitoring

(remember, business process monitoring uses business process in solution. not project side).

In case, you do not have anything yet, you can also try template BPMon setting that is avaialble in service market place.

It contains important application monitor (transactional document monitor).

If you are enterprise support contract or max attention contract and your SAP backend system is already go live,

I recommend you to take Business Process Analysis service to have insight of you backend system.

Then it become much clear where to start and how the tool can provide additional benefit.

(in more detail, contact SAP Support Advisory center)

I list up some important information sources. So please take a look at link below.

1)FAQ

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQBusinessProcess+Monitoring

One of topic is about the project. So you can get some information in here

>"Can business processes from the project part (SOLAR01) be reused for Business Process Monitoring? "

2)BPMon functional scope

More detail info about BPMon.

/people/volker.vongloeden/blog/2009/07/23/functional-scope-of-business-process-monitoring-in-sap-solution-manager

3)BPMon template

About BPMon template

/people/volker.vongloeden/blog/2009/07/29/business-process-monitoring--template-configuration-available-for-download

4)BPMon setup guide and general introduction

Technical information

http://service.sap.com/BPM --> Media Library --> Technical Information (contains configuration guides)

-->Customer Information (contains overview and avaialble monitor info)

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Now I have a solution and I have 4 projects are going on. Can we add 4 maintainence projects to the solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Sreekala.

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala.

In solution, you can refer to the business process of different solutions, projects. So even you have 4 projects,

when you create business process in the solution, you can reuse the processed from different solutions.

You can copy the scenario level or process level

Case 1

Soluton

Business Scenario1 <=Copy the scenario from project 1

-Business Process 1 from project 1

-Business Process 2 from project 1

-Business Process 3 from project 1

Business Scenario2 <=from project 2

-Business Process 1 from project 2

-Business Process 2 from project 2

-Business Process 3 from project 2

Business Scenario3 <=from project 3

-Business Process 1 from project 3

-Business Process 2 from project 3

-Business Process 3 from project 3

Business Scenario4 <=from project 4

-Business Process 1 from project 4

-Business Process 2 from project 4

-Business Process 3 from project 4

Case 2

Soluton

Business Scenario

-Business Process 1 <=Copy the process of project 1

-Business Process 2 <=Copy the process of project 2

-Business Process 3 <=Copy the process of project 3

-Business Process 4 <=Copy the process of project 4

But please also keep in my, who will use the BPMon at the end.

If the projects are created completely for different purpose, then there is a possibility to have a separate solutions

for each of the project. Especially if the people related to different project do not want to see the information of

other projects.

Best Regards

Keiji