cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Released document without complete digital signature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I'm working with digital signatures in the DMS system and I have set the release indicator so that two signatures are needed to release a DIR. The problem is that the DIR gets the green release status after saving the first signature. I get the feeling that this is a bug in the system but I have tested it in two systems and it works the same way in both systems (one of them is a ECC6.0 EHP5 system and should have all the relevant updates). The whole idea with digital signatures at the release status is in my head that the DIR does not get released before all stakeholders have signed the DIR. Am I wrong or have I done anything wrong in the config?

Best regards,

Kristoffer P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you have to Define Signature Strategy...and yes you probably need 2 strategies ?

Signature strategies group together the individual signatures from

different user groups to one signature process.

If one signature is sufficient to allow a document status to be set, you

do not need a signature strategy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristoffer,

Any specific logic as to why you intend to use two digital signatures to release a DIR?

Because,in your case,you can fulfill your requirement by using a single digital signature for a DIR.Herein,since there are two bodies involved for releasing a DIR, you may define the 'Signature Sequence' and the 'Release Sequence' in digital signature customization.This will ensure that that document is released/green indicator set only after body A and body B both have digitally signed the DIR in the sequence specified.Does this help?

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

My requirement is not to have two signature strategies but to have two individual signatures to complete one signature strategy.

I have set the release strategy and indicated that both my individual signatures need to be in place to complete the signature strategy and get the status released. This is where my problems start. When I perform the first signature and save the DIR the DIR gets the status released and the light in the DIR is set to green.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case,could you highlight the release sequence and signature sequence details that you have maintained? Appears that the sequence is not adhered to in all probability?

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar