cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative resource allocate to plan order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one question regarding the planing board.

We already setup alternative resources ( for example dump1, dump2) in APO, and there is two mode in APO PPM. So when i run PP/DS, planing order should be assigned to two resources (Dump1, Dump2); But when i check it in planing board, all the planing order always allocate to Dump1 which is primary resource.

My question is it is always to move planing order from dump1 to dump2 manually? even dump 1 exceed the capacity?

Thanks

Rocky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on Mode priority defined in PDS/PPM.

Mode priority A- gets priority.

If you run PPDS optimizer and Dump1 is overloaded, it will move some orders to other resource.

Vipul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for your reply.

After i checked PPM, We have two mode, but all the priority is "A". So i changed the second Mode with Priority to "B" and actived it.

But after i run SNP, all the planning order is still showing priority is "A" in Display operation Detail after clicked the planing order in Detail scheduling planning board.

And All the planing orders are still allocation to dump 1 resource.

Do you have idea?

Thanks

Rocky

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Dump1 is overloaded, then only the alternate resource Dump2 will be loaded. So, please check whether Dump1 is loaded already 100%. If you still want to load the Dump2, then you can do that manually in DS planning board by drag and drop operations.

If you are using SNP heuristics, it will not consider any resource overload. You have to use SNP optimizer.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Answers (0)