cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline operation from Mobile application, while its not conected to server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on mobile application development using SUP 2.0.

I have some questions related to Offline scenario.

1. what is offline connectivity scenario in SUP? does this applicable to both RBS and MBS?

2. can i store Purchase Order information (e.g. upto 100) in my mobile application's local memory, so i can use them for certain calculations(even though device is not in network, or unable to connect server). (and will sync this PO information weekly)

3. At present when we try to update PO (Reject, Release, add item) and if connectivity to SUP server fails, it gives an error "Error while retrieving MBO".

My question is, if connectivity fails how can i memorize this operation as pending operation in application, and then it'll get synchronized automatically when device/application connects to the server again.

4. and if i want to implement above scenrio is this possible in using DAD. or i have to genrate code from MBA and then develope application in native environment?

I tried to search through the forum, but i didn't get information.

Request you to give me the link of post if its already posted.

or Provide link to the tutorial.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

I would lik to pass some of the information that I am having in the topics which you were asking.

1. What is Offline Conectivity Scenario in SUP ?

Suppose you are having an application that need to fetch some records from the backend data source. Consider that this application includes some modification from the mobile device. That means you need to modify the records from the mobile device to the backend. So the application should behave in sucha way that even though there is no connectivity avaliable, it should store all the modifications in the device database and update the changes once there the connection established. This is an example of Offfline Scenario.

2.Is this possible with DAD?

Yes this offline scenario is possible with Device Application Designer (DAD).

Thanks and regards,

Rinzy Deena Mathews.

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rinzy,

Thank you very much for your reply.

You said,

+ " That means you need to modify the records from the mobile device to the backend. So the application should behave in sucha way that even though there is no connectivity avaliable, it should store all the modifications in the device database and update the changes once there the connection established." +

Thats the same thing I'm looking for.

1. In my case when i have and Release button on my application that modifies the records (rejects the PO).

2. I have assigned synchronize MBO option to it.

3. if my device is connected to SUP and SUP to SAP, then it works fine.

4. But if any connection breaks it throws an exception.

My question is storing modification in device database and updating when online is done automatically?

Do i need to do some coding or do i need to do some settings?

Please let me know the steps for it or any article, tutorial link related to it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

Are you using Device Appplication Designer for this purpose ?

Thanks and Regards,

Rinzy Deena Mathews

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rinzy,

Yes, Im using Device Appplication Designer for this development.

But if you can give me information about native application development too that would be great for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

In your case you want to update a PO from your mobile device.

Hope you were able to list out the POs from the backend to your mobile device. On clicking a particular PO the details of this PO should get displayed on the next screen.

In this detail screen, create a button called UPDATE. Assign an Operation Action to this Buttom. While assigning the operation action assign your MBO's Update operation to this action, and select the Pending Operation Checkbox.

In the Table of Contents screen of your application add a listitem called Synchronize and drag and drop a Synchronize screen to your DAD.

Now you can do Update in Offline scenario and you can very well do a Synchronize operation when the device is in Online scenario.

Hope this will clarify your doubt.

Thanks and Regards,

Rinzy Deena Mathews